Convince

"He cares about you so much."

"Hey, can I come in?" the blonde-headed boy stood in front of the door, waiting for permission. But she didn't respond, her head hung low and she was sitting on her bed hugging her knees, quietly sometimes just letting out sobs. 

He sighed, "Rose, please, let me in, I know you need some alone time but you were in the tent for four hours, please, at least now, let me come in." She still didn't make a noise. She was too tired and her brown eyes were puffy.

"Rose," she looked up to see Rick looking at her with worried eyes and somehow those piercing blue eyes held shame. What he had done to be ashamed of? It was not him who lashed out on her. She sniffled, "Why are you here?"

Rick sat beside her, "I'm sorry."

"Don't." She whispered, "You don't have to be sorry for something you didn't do. Stop."

"Look, you are misunderstanding him," Rick said slowly.

"What? You are taking his side, really Rick?" She cried. 

"No, Rose, look, you know that you don't know him for so long, what he's been through, please, there's a reason he just worries about you like all the time," Rick said, "Rose, please don't hold a grudge against him, please, he is not this angry ever, so as he's now, he must have a pretty good reason, right?" 

She just continued crying, "Why? Why did he do that? And in front of everyone? I just got insulted for the first time in my life after that amnesia, when I can remember these things, and that too from my very closed one, from Shawn. Why? He could have told me in private."

Rick couldn't say anything although he was mad at Shawn, he shouldn't bicker about him rather he should try to convince Rose, that he came here to set things right, and that it was a mistake, he knew that Shawn generally was very calm, and he got angry, it was very hard to keep him sane. He sighed.

"Rose, can you please let me speak for a moment?" Rose looked at him, confusion flooded in her light brown eyes and she sighed, "Okay."

"Rose, Shawn has his own issues, he cares about you so much, and he always had a history with Beckham, it just triggered him you know, he is not himself since then I know you see that you know that he is not that type of person who gets triggered easily but today.....it ..just was not his day.....he was grumpy and like this.....from the very moment, we came here...I know it was wrong that he lashed out at you. But he was very angry and frustrated at the same time....and when he heard about you telling  Arnold things... look I know he did not do right. But please... "

Rose sighed, "Rick, I know but yet I don't think I can handle hurt from someone so close to me from whom I expected so much, every time I close my eyes I see him, yelling at me, in front of everyone," tears welled up on her light brown eyes again.

"It's like a heavy stone on me that won't let me breathe, does it always feel like when you expect so much from someone but yet they hurt you?" 

Rick sighed side hugging her, "Shh, it's okay, it's going to be okay, you know that he never raised his voice at you, right?" She sobbed, "I know."

"Rose," she heard Ethan calling, but she didn't let him go, she needed comfort, she needed someone to hold her and tell her that everything was going to be okay. And Rick was just doing the perfect. He knew that she was hurting and although he couldn't take away her pain, the least he could do was to remind her that he was there for her. He wished he could tell her the truth and Shawn, and...well...the secret was his too.

"Don't hurt yourself for him, okay? Just let it be, give him some time, everything is going to be fine," Ethan wrapped both of them in a hug. "Where's she?" Now Murphy and Landon came in and saw the trio. It took only a moment for both of them to join the group hug.

 "We're here for you, Rose," Murphy whispered. "Yes, don't worry, li'l queen, if you need just order I'm gonna smash that idiot's skull," Landon said.

She smiled realizing that although she didn't know anything about her real family, she had a new family, so caring, so protective. She felt safe among them but just an emptiness consumed her over, they all were her so close friends, a family but it did not feel the same without him, without that bubbly black haired idiot who could kill a person just in order to protect his friends and family.

"You don't need to do anything, Lan, please don't hurt him, what will we do without that idiot?" she said letting out a shaky breath.

"I was joking, I sure wanna punish him but I don't wanna kill him, because right what will we do without that idiot?" he smiles but suddenly it was like he remembered something and his smile dropped," By the way, hurting him part as an act of revenge is already completed."

She looked at him with horrifying eyes, "What...What do you mean?"

"He's right," Murphy chimed in. 

She widened her eyes and her throat felt dry, "What....what did you...do....to him?"

"It was not Landon, Rose." Ethan pursed his lips, "I don't know if we should tell her," he said to Rick.

"Tell me, Rick, who did that? Who hurt him?" She asked eagerly.

"Okay," Rick sighed, "Arnold. Arnold beat him up."

"Look, who's finally out of his tent? Shawn the bloody idiot, who scares away his own best friend and insults her in front of everyone," Arnold sharply remarked as Shawn stepped out of his tent. Since that incident in the morning, he did not leave his tent.

"What's your problem, dumbass?" he said sternly. 

"Wow, what a surprise! You still have more words to say? " Arnold mocked, Shawn just glared at him, his fists clenched but he controlled himself, Rose was enough angry at him, he did not want her to get angrier by hurting her old so-called friend. 

He did not like Arnold, not even a bit, but he had to control himself that's why although he could easily take him down, he did not. He wanted to apologize to her but he was afraid. Afraid to discover a new side of Rose which he did not want to see.

"I have more words stocked for you, wanna hear?" He said gritting his teeth. Arnold laughed and said, "Sure. But listen to me, you jerk, you are not going anywhere near her, do you understand?"

"What? Who are you to give orders?" Shawn glared at him and took a step forward intimidatingly, "Don't you wanna live?"

"Wait, are you threatening me?" Arnold smirked, "No use, Shawn, you sure are taller than me, but you don't want her to see your real face, do you?"

"What do you mean?" He shouted.

"You know you always behave as if you were the sweetest person alive, but face it, you are just a criminal, who wears the sweet guy mask and she fell for it, but listen here, she's mine." Arnold smirked, "Always have been."

Shawn couldn't control himself anymore and his fist connected to Arnold's jaw. Arnold was shocked at first but soon he punched Shawn in the face, and again and again, Shawn was too tired to fight back because of starvation and sleep deprivation for the last days.

Arnold was just about to punch again when another hand gripped his. 

"Stop, what the hell are you doing, jerk?" Zac yelled, "Do you wanna kill him?"

Arnold smirked, "It depends if he wants to die." Then he looked at Shawn, "Just stay away from her." and he left the place.

Zac helped Shawn up, "Jerk" he muttered looking at Arnold leaving. "I don't like him," Zac sighed before taking Shawn to his tent to get him cleaned up.

A/N: Hellooooo, how are you all doing?

 Share

 Comment 

Vote