Chapter 18: Daphne's Childhood

May 1965, Oakville Orphanage:

"Yes, yes. Everything...is all made up. My rude personality, my satanic thoughts, even myself," Daphne admitted. "Here, let me start from the beginning."

------------------------------------------------------

Daphne's Backstory (mentions of abuse and harm):

I was born with riches in a Victorian home. I was born into a rich and famous family, well known in all of America. My two older sisters were models and actresses, my three older brothers were serving as acters and musicians, my mom was a retired model and actress and my dad is a retired musician in a band known as "Punks." They are now politicians.

Ever since I was born, I was full of animosity and despised everything, but I couldn't show any emotion. Everything inside me felt empty, incomplete or maybe my heart and happiest memories were erased. My family knew about the "condition" I had, but didn't tell me until I turned five. They told me everything: my condition, the family legacy and our family tree and traditions we were supposed to inherit and cherish for our own lives.

The Simones' (my family's) first rule was: don't play with the other children. It was because it would "distract" us from fulfilling future duties and careers once we get older. My older sisters are now actresses and models, my older brothers are musicians and actors, while me right now: I was not accepted into the modelling school my parents' wanted me to go to.

But...I was relieved. For my whole lifetime, I wanted to do art. But my parents never saw me as an artist. They saw me as a "successful young woman" who wasn't allowed to do whatever she wants and is forced into the careers my siblings pursued. My whole life... we tried and tried to get me into a good college and university...

...but I was never accepted into those schools. Instead, I was put into a prestigious sorority with a lot of pretty and smart girls. The boys from the other college would come visit, but they never seem interested in me due to my "bittersweet, cruel" personality.

For my whole life, I was born into a "sweet but emotionless" girl. I received poor upraising and was taught the worse things ever. I did make friends, but I had to pretend everything so they don't know the real truth. I pretended to show emotion. I pretended to care. But it was all fake. I still felt incomplete. Soon when I got older, I was into criminals. I was fascinated by crime, serial killers, Satan and morbid, twisted pieces of art.

I also found out that my parents are part of a satanic cult and that they met during a crime spree. I was surprised about this, and eventually, I enrolled into a criminal justice school. I graduated and now, serving as the leader of my family's cult, I had to keep that- and myself- alive in order to hide my secrets.

I am the person I am now: cruel, cold and a heartless woman.

I hate what I've become, but it also protects me from any harm, abuse and bullying from the past. I'd rather be mean, cruel and hate myself then go back to my regular self and be harmed again by others.

------------------------------------------------------

"There! The truth is out now! Everything was all a facade! I hate myself now, but that's alright. I'd rather be the 'dangerous' woman and hate myself then go back to my regular self and be harmed by others all over again. I don't want to go through the same phase over and over again," Daphne confessed.

Charlotte sighed and felt a little bad. "Really? That's so sad. What a sad story, Daphne. I went through a lot, too. More then you could ever imagine."

Daphne was shocked and snapped again. "How can you put your trauma into my own story when really...it's my own experience?! Not yours!"

"Really? All those years, you never cared, loved or were even happy? See, I was right! She is mentally insane and ill!" Charlotte scoffed.

"Stop it! Both of you! I cannot stand all this nonsense. You two are acting like children now! Now, I want you both to behave properly and help us get Holly back to normal!" Mr. Fano yelled at them, as they reached and held down Holly on the floor. "Now, after all this. Charlotte, you will go to sleep right after you take the children to sleep. Bailey, Daphne, Tim, we are going to have a talk, along with Mr. Reinald."

They turned to Holly, who was now calming down. She blinked a few times, then got up and brushed her nightgown.

"What happened?" she asked.

"Something or someone is controlling your mind and taking control of it," Bailey sighed.

Holly scratched her head. "What do you mean? What? What was controlling me? I remember acting weird then psycho at the beginning but that was it? Wait, was it them controlling over me?"

"What? The demons?" Charlotte asked.

"Yes, that could be it. Demons from the underground are coming back from the dead, controlling my mind and trying to...take me..." she paused and sighed.

"What do you mean by take you? You're safe behind these walls and closed doors," Charlotte muttered.

"Mother, it doesn't work that way. Even behind these walls and closed doors, everything hides a secret. The few angels were summoned in an attempt by their relatives so they can be 'seen again', but a demon is controlling them. The person who they want to take revenge or control on, they torment the person." Holly explained.

"If you can fight those demons, then they give up and go to the underground world, but will come up with an elaborate plan. If you fail to control them, they will take you down there with them and torture you until you lose sanity. You will be stuck in a psycho phase forever, if you aren't treated for it." she added. She was softly explaining all this. She was smart and soft-spoken for an 8-year-old girl.

"But then, what do we do with them? They will follow us everywhere we go," Bailey asked. "Do we just ignore them or what?"

"Well, I don't know much details or information about this kind of stuff. My parents were paranormal investigators, but they're dead." That's when a light bulb came up in Holly's head.

"I know! We just need to come up with an elaborate plan and put it into action! That way, the 'demons' are able to be contacted. We do have to contact them for various reasons, and I want to talk to my guardian angel or my past self. I just want to ask her one question..."

"Who's the angel?"

"Mary Wormwood."

"What do you want to ask her?"

"Why did she do it...?"