Chapter 6.2 - Sweet Elixir

Goddamn it!

This was going to be a fight to get her to take his blood. He didn't know if it was intentional, but she was broadcasting her thoughts to him. He could hear and feel everything she did, and she was holding herself back. But, he hadn't gotten this far in life by taking no for an answer.

"Maddi, baby, look at me," he said, moving her back off his shoulder so he could see her. Red tainted tears fell from her eyes and her lips had his blood still on them. It shouldn't have excited him to see that, but it did.

"Tell me what's stopping you from feeding. I can feel your bones through your scrawny ass. What's going on?" She wanted him. Cole felt her desire and knew it just about killed her to back off. "Maddi, tell me please, so I can understand." He brushed the hair from her eyes.

"Can't...do it."

"I know you don't think you should, but why? I'm offering."

She pulled back from him. "It'll put you in danger."

"Why?" he asked, frowning incredulously.

"Because, I can't stay. I have to go back."

Cole nodded his head. "I got that. What does that have to do with you feeding now?"

"He'll know."

Cole narrowed his eyes. "The monster that turned you?"

She pulled her lips into her mouth, as if she were afraid to answer. Slowly she nodded her head.

"How will he know?"

She closed her eyes and furrowed her brow. "He'll smell your blood in me." She hung her head in desperation.

"He doesn't know who I am, or where I live. He doesn't know anything about me. I won't be in any more danger than I usually am, baby. I can take care of myself." With a finger he raised her head, "I seem to remember a conversation we had about me being immune to vampire allure."

She took a deep breath. "I think that's different."

Cole set a sternness in his voice. "Look Madison, I've been in the FBI for ten years now. I'm skilled in martial arts and an expert shot. I exercise every security precaution imaginable to safeguard my personal information. Federal law enforcement personnel have security privileges civilians don't. I understand you're worried about me, but your concern is unwarranted."

"Just...can't."

God, she could be so infuriating. He didn't want to force her to do something she thought she shouldn't. But the hunger pangs wrecking her were making him nauseous. It gnawed at the pit of his stomach like a rabid creature trying to get out. If it was like that for him, he didn't want to imagine how it felt to her. He would try one more time before moving on to drastic measures.

"Please, Madison."

She was bent over in his lap with her head down, shoulders sagging and arms slack at their sides. Her hair draped like a curtain over her face, hiding the bloody tear trails. She was leaving him no choice.

Rolling her over onto the bed, he held her in his arms hoping to calm her. Cooing soft sounds, he brushed his hand through her hair. He needed her to trust him. He wanted her guard down. Sweeping her hair from her face, he kissed her cheek, then wiped the red tears from under her eyes. "Hush," he murmured.

Finally, the tension began to ease from her tight muscles. She relaxed and curled closer to him.

"I'm going to get a washcloth for your face. Don't move," he said.

*

She looked up at him and nodded. It wasn't the first time he had cleaned up her dried, red tear stains.

Cole got up from the bed and she watched his muscled back as he left the room. He kept himself in excellent shape. His corded arms and narrow waist were delicious eye candy. The dress slacks he wore hung slightly low on his hips. He was a temptation she wasn't sure she could resist. Her resolve was waning. She'd had him before and she wanted him now. She couldn't stop the memories from coming: his fingers trailing lines on her skin, his lips moving against hers, or the two of them naked in a heated embrace, their bodies colliding, trying to reach that pinnacle of ecstasy.

Cole walked back into the room holding a white hotel towel wrapped around an arm.

He didn't have to open it for her to know what he had done. His blood screamed at her senses.

"You asshole!" Madison shouted as she jumped off the bed.