The Janitor !

by : candymin

tags : fake relationship to real

Renjun has a problem. No, hang on, that's actually a huge understatement, let's roll that again.

Renjun is royally fucked. Yep. Majorly screwed, in desperate straits, up the creek without a paddle, with his back against the wall, quite literally staring disaster in the face, and he's been trying to figure a way out for the past forty minutes, but it's been proving rather difficult, what with his lab partner's incessant pencil tapping on their shared desk.

"Can you stop that?" Renjun snaps eventually.

"Why, is it annoying you?" Jaemin asks, absent gaze following the experiment their professor is performing at the front of the class.

"Yes."

"Roger that."

Jaemin starts tapping faster, and honestly just what did Renjun expect?

The rest of the class goes by as it usually does - with Jaemin hissing like a hellspawn every time Renjun pokes him in the ribs in an attempt to end his annoying shenanigans - and Renjun is left to seek an answer to his dilemma at lunch, just as clueless as before, and a lot more frustrated about it.

He stares at his jell-O cup for a second before slashing it across the middle, digging his plastic fork all the way through with the image of a certain black-haired bastard in mind.

"Aw," Donghyuck coos, sitting down next to Renjun with a trayful of pizza slices. "What did Jaemin do this time?"

"Huh?"

"You always do that," Donghyuck points to his tray, "You always butcher your desserts when Jaemin is being particularly annoying."

Renjun blinks. "Oh. Forget about him, I've got bigger fish to fry right now."

"Oh? What's up?" his friend asks, inhaling half the content on his tray and looking far too delighted for someone who just ate the world's greasiest canteen pizza.

"It's Lucas," Renjun sighs, resuming his jell-O playtime.

Donghyuck pauses before taking another bite, a slice of pepperoni falling unceremoniously on the table. "Lucas as in, your ex high school sweetheart whom you broke up with last winter Lucas?"

"The one and only. He keeps pestering me about getting back together, and it's not like I can avoid him! We share so many classes, and we promised our friends we wouldn't let the group fall apart if we were to break up."

A pang of guilt stabs at Renjun's chest and he mirrors it by smashing the last standing piece of his dessert, reducing it to a puddle. He lets out a sigh and pushes the tray aside.

"And I can usually handle myself, but we all had breakfast today and I don't know what came over me, but I told them mhm mmm hm mmhm," Renjun trails off, voice muffled by his hand.

"Come again? I didn't catch that."

"I said I told them I mmhm mm hm."

Donghyuck frowns. "What?"

"I told them I have a new boyfriend! There, you happy now?" Renjun snaps, almost knocking over his dessert aftermath in the process.

"Woah, there," Jaemin, who just so happened to be walking by, says, one hand stopping the tray from falling off, the other wiping the blobs of melted jell-O off his zip-up hoodie.

He brings the puddle up to his face and takes a sniff. "Mm, mango jell-O. You gonna eat that?"

Renjun winces. "Obviously not."