if only i knew

by : poise

tags : renmin, angst ,but fluff, nahyuck

(when renjun and jaemin gets into heated argument, renjun storms off and doesn't come back for a few hours. jaemin sweats knowing a murder took place just down the street and oh. why isn't renjun back yet...)

renjun sighs, picking up another empty bottle from the table and throwing it in the trash can. the mess of person sitting at the kitchen table has their head buried in their arms, mumbling mindlessly under his breath.

“jaem,” renjun rakes a hand through his hair, getting a gurgled response. he lets out another sigh, pulling a chair up to sit next to the taller.

“jaemin, i told you not to get drunk at parties with your friends when you have classes tomorrow. i cant take care of you this late at night this week, i have a really important presentation in a few days that i really need to focus on.” jaemin lets out a full on grunt at this, head pounding due to the alcohol. he shoves his head deeper in his arms in an attempt to shoo his boyfriend away.

“can you at least look at me when i'm talking to you?” renjun is borderline angry at this point, biting his bottom his lip hard enough to bleed.

it was 10 pm but he had an 8 am class in the morning and a ton of stuff to finish by tonight so taking care of his drunk boyfriend for the 2nd time this month wasn’t really on his plans tonight.

jaemin finally meets his eyes, albeit a little unfocused, before grunting and pushing his upper body to sit up straight.

“jun, i'm really tired right now. can we do this tomorrow?” jaemin is close enough that renjun could smell the alcohol on his breath, the smell leaving a bitter taste in his mouth.

“you said that last time and we still haven't had that talk so no.” the chair screeches against the linoleum tiles as jaemin stands up and makes a beeline towards the bedroom, ready to crash into the bed anytime.

“i don't want you to fall back into that stupid habit of acting like you don’t care about anything, and ‘fuck the world’ because you do care. and i’ll listen if you wanna tell me whats going on.” renjun trails behind him, voice getting increasingly unstable with how tired he felt.

“nothing is going on. i just wanted to have some fun tonight.” jaemin lands headfirst into the pillow, his body feeling like a ton of bricks had just pilled on top of him.

“i get that but you have responsibilities too. you can't just go off and expect me to drop everything every time you have one too many drinks. you’re an adult but you’re acting like a reckless teen.” renjun is sure theres steam coming out of his ears by now as he stands in the doorway of their bedroom, face starting to heat up with how frustrated he’s become.

“and you’re acting like my parent! renjun, not everything needs to be planned and perfect. you’re so uptight all time and its so frustrating to keep up with.”

renjun flinches when jaemin raises his voice, abruptly standing up from the bed to face him.

“God, it gets so tiring because you expect so much. you expect everything to go your way and sometimes i wish you’d be more carefree.”

“what, like donghyuck?” renjun spits venom as fast as the shadow of guilt casts itself over jaemin before feeling himself burn holes into the renjun’s skull.

“i didn’t say that.”

“but that’s what you meant. i'm not him and i never want to be. i’m not some jackass who cheated on you countless of times and made you cry. and if you’re still caught up on him just because he made you feel special and called you pretty names then maybe you should’ve just stayed with him.”