Chapter 17: Sorry About the Mess

Third Person POV

Lucius and Narcissa watched as you began to stumble backward. Their anger grew as they knew your father pushed you too hard and this was advanced magic, something that you should have trained for way before he just pushed you into it. They ran toward you, catching you before your head could hit the floor. They carefully set you down as Narcissa began crying.

"Y/n! Y/n, wake up! Please!" She stares at your motionless form. "No, no, no, please. I can't lose you again!"

Severus takes in a breath, finally waking and hears the commotion. He gets up and sees your motionless form laying on the ground.

"Y/n!" He shouts, rushing toward you.

"Lucius! She's not moving!" Narcissa shouts.

"You bastard! You pushed her too far! You might've just killed her!" Lucius screams at Voldemort, no longer caring about the consequences. Voldemort remains silent, showing no emotion, not wanting to appear weak in front of the other Death Eaters.

"Y/n? Darling, please wake up," Severus begs as he crouches down, placing his hand on your cheek, the other on your wrist, checking for a pulse. Voldemort listens intently waiting to see if you wake.

Your eyes slowly start to open as you take in your surroundings.

"Sev?"

Y/n's POV

I awoke to the sound of Sev's voice. My body felt as if it had been hit with a truck. My limbs were heavy and my head was on fire. I opened my eyes, looking around to find where the sound of his voice was coming from. Please don't be a dream, I silently begged.

"Sev?" I asked, hoping the spell had worked.

"Hey, there," he replied, smiling. "You're incredibly strong, you know that right?" I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing he was alive.

Third Person POV

From across the room, Voldemort breathes a sigh of relief, knowing you are alive, but refusing to let anyone see that he was worried. He maintains his cold exterior as he speaks.

"Of course she is. She is my daughter after all," he says, laughing.

Y/n's POV

"Of course she is. She is my daughter after all." My father's words angered me. He doesn't get to take credit for what I do anymore. He may have sired me, but he doesn't get to take any credit or have any say in my life now. He wasn't around and I refuse to let him try to step in and take control now.

"Go to hell," I say, not caring about what he might do. I felt all eyes turn to me as the words left my lips. My father stood up, anger present in his features as he slowly made his way toward me.

"Have you forgotten who your father is, child?" He asked me, clearly trying to intimidate me. I refused to let him so I slowly picked myself up off the floor. Severus pushes me behind him but I place my hand on his arm.

"I got this, Sev," I say, suddenly feeling a burst of confidence. The pain in my head had faded and my muscles no longer felt heavy. It felt as if my body was finally ready to accept the new magic that had been introduced to it.

"Have you forgotten who your daughter is?" I ask, looking at my father. "You saw what I'm capable of, and that was just to save someone. Imagine how much pain I can inflict on someone who threatens me," I say, smirking as I see a flicker of fear cross his features. It isn't there long before it is replaced with his usual, cold expression, but the fact that he feared me, even for a moment, gave me even more confidence. I feel all eyes on me as I begin walking toward my father.

"You are a child! You are nothing without me!" He shouts, trying, once again, to intimidate me.

"Oh, really?" I smirk, as I can already feel the magic traveling to my hands, ready for me to use. I didn't even have to think about it this time, it was just there, prepared for me to use if I wanted it.

"...Y/n...?" Narcissa asks, hesitantly.

"Wanna see what I'm capable of, father?" I ask as I begin forming a red ball of light between my hands, stretching my hands out and bringing them over my head. A gust of wind rushes through the Manor as the red light grows. The windows in the room begin to break and the glass flies around the room, breaking into small pieces before falling to the floor.

"Y/n?" My father asks, fear in his voice as it gets harder for him to hide it. The bushes just outside the broken window ignite and orange flames shoot up and around the window, licking the edges of the window pane.

"Y/n! Please be careful! I don't want you getting hurt!" Narcissa yells.

"Don't worry, Cissy. I'm not the one who'll get hurt," I reply, laughing as another gust of wind shoots through the manor, causing the flames to move into the manor, licking the carpet, getting closer and closer to Voldemort.

"Stop this nonsense!" He shouts as he lunges toward me. At this point, I pull my magic back and face him. He reaches for me but I grab his hand, twisting it around behind his back, elbowing him in the face. He falls to his knees in the same way Mundungus did. Once again, I swing my leg around his neck, bringing his face to the carpet.

"I don't even need magic to kick your ass," I say as his face finally hits the carpet. I stand up, beginning to walk toward Severus, who is staring in awe. Without looking at my father, I continue speaking as I walk. "I'm only here for the Malfoys. If you cross me, father, I will not hesitate to kill you." I take Sev's hand and we begin walking out of the room. I stop and look back at the Malfoys.

"Sorry about the mess," I say, and with a wave of my hand everything is in place once again, as if nothing had happened.

I continue walking with Severus and we leave the Manor.