Chapter 15: I Love You

TW: Death and blood

"Father."

"Have you forgiven me, my child?" What could I possibly say to that? No? No, I haven't forgiven you for stealing years worth of my memories and making everyone that I care about believe I was dead? I knew I couldn't say that, so instead, I said nothing. He took my silence as a yes and pulled me into a hug. He pulled away and looked into my eyes before speaking once again.

"Judging by the light in your eyes, I assume you've discovered how powerful you are."

"Yes, but I don't understand them," I reply, knowing I needed answers. "I first noticed them when someone tried to hurt Severus. I- I don't have control of them."

"Well then... I think we ought to test these powers of yours," he said, giving a sinister smile. I saw everyone turn to watch the scene unfold, all curious as to what my father was about to do.

"What do you mean? What-." I was cut off as I heard Severus's voice behind me.

"My Lord-?" his voice stops as Voldemort raises his wand.

Everything went silent. I couldn't hear the Malfoys' screams, though I could see their mouths open. I didn't even know what spell my father had cast. All I could see was the blood. Severus's body hit the floor as the blood seeped from his neck.

"No! No, please! What have you done? I never should have come back! I never should have trusted you!" I screamed at my father.

"W-What have you done?" Narcissa whispered, just barely loud enough for my father to hear but he didn't care.

"Use your powers or he dies!" My father says, coldly.

"I don't have control of them! I- I don't know how they work! Please! Cissy, help him!" I scream as tears run down my face.

"I'm sorry, Y/n... I- I don't know how to help him," she replies as her own tears become too hard to hold in and they slowly slip down her cheeks.

"My Lord! How could you!? We just got her back! You're going to drive her away again!" It surprised me to hear Bellatrix standing up to my father, yet it warmed my heart. Maybe there was hope for her. Maybe she could be saved from him. Lucius walked toward me, speaking in a hushed tone.

"Y/n, please. He's my best friend. You can do it, Y/n. Severus told us you are more powerful than you know. You can save him." I don't know how to respond so I just walk over to Severus.

"Don't cry, love. It's okay. You'll be okay, darling," Severus chokes out as his breathing becomes more ragged. I try to place my hand over the wound on his neck but it does nothing.

What kind of spell was this? I think to myself, as the blood continues to run, no matter what I do.

"Sev? Please don't leave me. I need you," I sob as he blinks his eyes, trying to stay awake a little longer.

"Lucius is right, you know. You are more powerful than you know. This is some seriously dark magic you have in you, Y/n. I will not force you to use it on me. I don't blame you, Y/n. You'll be okay, Y/n. Live your life. Don't let anyone stop you and don't let anyone force you to use this magic. It is your choice. I love you, Y/n. I- I wrote to you after we kissed but your father intercepted the letter. I will always love you Y/n. Wherever I go after this life, just know I'll always be looking out for you. I love you, Y/n." His breathing becomes slower. From the corner of the room, I hear Lucius pull his wand from his cane. I look behind me to see him raise his wand at Voldemort but my father stupefies him before he can even cast a spell.

"No!" I scream, trying to hold pressure on Sev's wound. Narcissa runs to check on Lucius.

"He's okay. Just focus on Severus. You can do it Y/n. You can save him. Please... please try," she begs as I look back to Severus.

I can feel his heart getting slower as the feeling of helplessness only grows. I don't have control of these powers. I wouldn't even know what to do. His heart continues to slow before it finally stops.