“I said I'm fine.” Everyone lets go.

“Do you realize how suicidally crazy that was? What were you thinking? Were you trying to get yourself killed?” Stiles inquires pissed off at me.

I turn to face them. “I did it for Boyd. No one else was doing anything.” I snap.

Cora looks down.

“We're trying.” Scott states sadly.

“And you're failing. You're just a bunch of stupid teenagers running around, thinking that you can stop people from getting killed. But all you do is show up late. All you really do is find the bodies.” Cora points out her voice hard but her eyes filled with sorrow.

I walked away from the group and Cora tailed behind me.

I then heard Stiles behind me. “Hey, A wait.” I bite my lip. I slow my pace. He doesn't say anything just grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers.

+

We get in the jeep and I sit in the front a napkin pressed to my head.

We start driving when Allison calls. “Philosophers?” Stiles repeats.

And guardians, which after last night has to mean something like law enforcement, right?”

Stiles and I share a look.

Stiles you have to tell you dad. Tell him whatever you need but you have to make him believe. Tell your dad. Warn him.”

“Okay, okay, okay. I know.” Stiles hangs up.

“What's the plan?” I question.

“I”m gonna tell him the truth. And I'm gonna need your help both of you.” Stiles replies while sending a look to me and Cora.

Cora and I sat on Stiles bed waiting for his dad. “Does Derek know that you left to help me?” I question.

“No.” She replies.

“You think he knows what I did.”

“Yep.”

“You think he's pissed?”

“Yep.”

“Great.”

The sheriff came in Stiles room and he was still pacing.

I sat there watching while Cora gave me a questioning look. I shrug I can't always explain him.

“Okay, okay, okay. Yes, okay. No...” I roll my eyes. “Today Stiles.” I say.

“Okay, sorry. I'm just.... I'm trying to.... I'm just trying to figure out how to start here.”

His father cuts him off.

“Hey, I don't have this kind of time.”

Cora and I share a look.

“Okay, you've had all these cases that you couldn't figure out, right? I mean all the murders involving Kate Argent, and then Matt killing all the people who had drowned him, and all these cases right now. It's like... It's like you've been playing a losing game.”

His father cuts him off again. “Stiles, the last thing I need right now is a job performance review from my own son.”

Stiles looks down scratching his forehead. “I know.” He mutters. Stiles looks at his chess board and rushes over to it.