"She left for work...like an hour ago."

"Okay." He hung up the call and next called Aeryn.

"Aeryn, is Harper with you?"

"No. She didn't come today. I was calling her but her phone's switched off. I was about to call you only."

"Damn it."

"Gareth... where's she?"

"I'll tell you later, Aeryn. Just inform me if she comes there."

"Okay."

Hanging up the call, he slammed his phone down on the desk. "Where the fuck are you Harper?!"

He tried calling her again but it was of no use. He called Kyle and asked him to track Harper's phone.

Half an hour later, Kyle had tracked her phone's location to somewhere near Aeryn's restuarant. That's it.

He dismissed Kyle and his phone buzzed and a notification went off. He opened it to see a message from an unknown number.

Not many people have his personal phone number.

He opened the message, his face paling on reading it.

Gareth,
I don't think I can continue this between us. It's too much for me. I am sorry but I am leaving. Thank you for everything, I appreciate whatever you did for me. But now, I am leaving.
Goodbye.

~Harper

For a minute, he stood frozen in his place, he couldn't move, he couldn't speak, he couldn't think, he couldn't even breath.

She left him?!

His hold tightened on the phone, the message repeating in his head over and over again and he threw the phone on the wall as it smashed into pieces.

After all the love I showered on her, she left me? He thought. Did she never felt anything for me? Was everything a lie?

His mind replayed every moment he spent with her. Her smile, her voice, her face, her touches, her kisses, her hugs, her words.

No. This can't be true.

His palm folded into a fist, clenching and unclenching, his eyes shut tightly, in hopes to silence the storm brewing inside him.

When it was too much to digest, he pushed his chair back and in a swift movement, swept all of the things of his desk furiously. His laptop among other things scattering on the floor.

Gripping his desk, he flipped it over. Eyes blazing with rage he continued to destroy everything.

Hearing the noise, Kyle came in and his jaw dropped on seeing the condition of the office. Gareth is a well organised person, he wants everything to be in place always. He never gets angry, not like this. He is usually a calm person.

So when Kyle saw him like this, he knew something has made him go mad. Not knowing what to do, he called Everette. "S-sir...your brother...he is very angry. He is throwing everything...he almost destroyed his office. Please if you could come down here."

"I'm coming." He spoke hurriedly and hung up the call while Kyle stood there not knowing what else to do.

What made him so mad?