Chapter 14: I Was Right!

A/N: I'M BACK FOR A WHILE!!! I'm gonna try to update every week (on Saturdays) until this story is over! Also, going through the last chapter, I realize that there were many spelling mistakes where I either forgot to add a letter or just completely misspelled it... thanks Grammarly. This one is short again because I had to rush it but another update will be out within a week. But enough about that, ON TO THE STORY!!!

We continue walking in the big, rusted ship. It's pretty cool inside. There are a bunch of rocks and torches lit on fire from what I can see in the tunnel we're in. Hank stops and takes his hat off before exiting the tunnel into the main part of the ship. Dude really needs to cut his hair and shave. I mean, he has the biggest bush on his head and his beard is so long!

Following after him, Mason begins to talk. "Huh, look at that." She breathes out.

"Amazing." I say.

Many of the silent people are in there, most of them painted in yellow/orange, but three in the front in blue. The same people that said, and I quote "You can shack up here". They turn around, facing those rocks. Actually, everyone turns to face the rocks. We start walking forward again. Everybody clears a path for us. James still has a hold of both of my hands so I'm keeping pace with him at the front of the group.

"Y'know, it's not fair that everybody gets their hands but you have mine." I stage-whisper to James.

James turns to me. "I know." He stage-whispers back. "But knowing you, you would touch something and get killed by the monks. I have to protect you."

Aww, he wants to protect me.

He drags me over with him to look at some of the rocks. "The way they tell it, for thousands of years the people on this island lived in fear." Hank says. As we move, we see the white paintings on the rocks begin to make shapes. The first one is of two giant... lizard... things... eating a bunch of the monks. "That's a hell'a long time to be scared."

"And then one day, the damndest thing happened." This one showed a painting of Kong with monks surrounding him, bowing down to him, praying. "Some of the things they were afraid of started protecting them against the things that were eating them." We approach the next rock painting and this one is of two skeletons with Kong crouched before them. "But nothing lasts forever, I guess."

We walk towards the front of the boat room where there is one more rock painting. Now this one, this one has a bunch of monks just surrounding Kong. "And this is where they honor the last of their saviors." Hank is further behind us when we stop in front of the rocks. 

"I never knew all of this." I breathe out as Hank joins us.

"Yeah." Hank says. "That's Kong."

"Aha! I was right!" I exclaim happily. Everyone is staring at me now. I would throw my hands in the air though if my hands weren't being held captive by an extremely hot British dude who could step on me and I would say thank you. I did not just think that. Ok, in my defense, I'm crazy. 

"I'm guessing that I should start shutting up right about now." I say meekly.

"That would be wise." James replies.