Chapter 1: My Boys

A/N: Mason would never steal yo man (I also completely forgot to put in a picture so here you are)

I strut sassily into our air base in Vietnam. As I walk inside, I start to hear the chatter of men filled with excitement at the thought of going home. Unfortunately for me, I already have my orders for my boys and I. I turn heads as I walk to my squad just 'cause I'm a woman. Yes, I shouldn't have been here in the first place but I am so deal with it!

"Hello boys," I say, nearing the Sky Devils. All of their heads snap to me. Well, Chapman isn't there. He might be with Packard though.

"Hey Major!" Reg Silvko shouts, maybe slightly too enthusiastic, but who cares? All of the boys come to attention, saluting me with cheeky little smirks and their faces.

"Shut up and sit down idiots. You don't have to do that when I'm around and you know it. Besides, no one likes to see those creepy ass smirks," I say, slightly amused at their teasing. "You know, I have our next orders. We are going on a mission." (I know Packard doesn't get them until later but let's just say you get them before him, ok? Ok.)

"Damn it!" Glenn Mills comments. "I wanted to see my mama!"

I scoff. "You ain't the only one who had plans. I was gonna see my sister back home."

"Who knew big, bad (Y/n) Weaver had a sister?" Joe Reles sneers playfully. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"C'mon guys, she probably had a good reason for hiding it," Earl Cole defends.

"Thank yo-"

"Or she didn't." A new voice joins our conversation. Jack Chapman.

"Ha ha, very funny Jack." I turn around swiftly. "Didn't think you would be here Chapman, thought you would be with Packard," I say, moving to an empty crate in between Slivko and Cole.

"Well I was, but I left. He can be a real prick sometimes."

"Damn right." Me, of course.

"Yeah." Slivko.

"He's like that." Mills.

"Yeah, he can be a bitch." Cole, obviously.

"Pretty much." Reles.

"So, about our new order-" I start.

"Wait what?" Chapman asks. "I didn't know nothin' 'bout this!"

"Just got 'em earlier this morning. From the sounds of things, not even Packard knows yet. We do need to go somewhere private to talk about this though. It's apparently "top secret" information. Assholes," I say, getting up and leading the way to an abandoned part of the building.

Time skip 'cause why not?

"So yeah. That's our mission," I say to the group of boys surrounding me.

Reles was the first one to speak after an awkward moment of silence. "That's that I guess."