Chapter 11: Other People?!?

After that asshole of a person made the Sker Buffalo move away from me, we continued moving. I try to catch up to James, but alas, my short legs are not meant for fast walking. You know why?

I face-planted.

That's right. I face-planted trying to catch up to James. Guess how I tripped? 

Victor. Victor tripped me. Is it illegal to murder on an uncharted island? 

"You idiot." James says in his beautiful accent. "She could have been really hurt!" 

Victor scoffs. "So what? It's not like she isn't expendable."

Mason comes over to me and helps me up. "You inconsiderate jerk! She could have been really injured!"

"I'm fine guys." I say as I make my way to the front of the group. "Let's just keep moving."

~Le Timeskip~

We arrive at a real shady area of the forest. And I don't mean covered. I mean somewhere that doesn't feel right. Like, it feels really bad.

"Stay tight." James says as we continue to walk. We walk a little further before stopping, James in front of me and Slivko behind. 

"What the hell is this?" Slivko asks.

"I think it may be ruins." I whisper, pulling up my gun as James does the same. We start to walk in front of the ruins cautiously, stopping once we reach the entrance. After a moment of observation, we move forward farther. 

We stop in the center of the ruins. Suddenly, Mason gasps, and people that are camouflaged into the stone open their eyes and surround us. "Everyone stay calm." James reassures. We all bring our guns up again, aiming at the people. We get into a circle formation, everyone (besides the camouflaged people) shouting things out. I just stand there in silence though. 

These... monk people... have their weapons raised at us. A group that appears to have the leaders of the group comes into the ruins across from us. Everything is silent, no one moving until Mr. Brooks cocks his gun. 

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!" A new voice yells out with a sense of urgency. A man with a long beard comes running into the ruins. "No-no-no. No need for that. Come on now!" The man says, getting to the front of both of our groups, putting his hands out. "Everybody, keep your wigs on now!"

"What?" Slivko breathes out.

"My thoughts exactly." I whisper to him.

A/N: Hey y'all! 2K reads! Thank you so much! Short chapter I know, and I know I say this a lot, but I wanted to give you guys something today. School is almost over for me so once that's over, I should hopefully have more time to write and will write longer chapters. Love you guys!