Chapter 9: Mythology is Handy

"I don't know what that was either." James says to us.

"All that money that they paid you?" Mason starts.

"We hope you're worth it." I finish for her. Mason and I walk away from James and I go over to Slivko.

"We're really not gonna talk about it?" He asks. "You know this is not normal, right? Stuff like that doesn't just happen!" He says, pointing at the sky where the ape was.

"Slivko, look." I say, grabbing his shoulders. "Everything is going to be all right. Get it together. We will never make it out of here if you keep panicking like this. We are going to find our boys and everything will be ok." I tell him. It isn't the best thing to say right now, but it works.

"Right, right, thanks Weaver."

"Don't mention it." I walk to where Mason is by the helicopter trying to salvage things. "I think that thing is called a Kong. It's from mythology. If that thing is real, then the devils mentioned must be too." I say to her. (I looked up what Kong's species was, and it's called Kong. Please, send help. I'm laughing too hard. I know I shouldn't be but I am)

"How do you know all this stuff?" Mason asks.

"College, I took mythology, remember? Of course, my dreams were ruined by being drafted accidentally, but I still remember a few things." I reply.

"Maybe you should tell everyone else." She says.

"Yeah, probably." 

"But will you really?"

"No."

Mason grabs my arm and starts to drag me to the middle of the group. "Hey! What are you doing?" I semi-shout at her.

"(Y/n) has something to tell the group." Mason announces. "Go on." She says once everyone is looking at me.

"Ass." I whisper to her. "Ok, so that giant monkey-looking thing? I learned about them in mythology. They're called Kongs. I never thought they were real but here we are. There are also really bad things underneath this place. They didn't have a name, but they were big and lizard-like. Nasty things. My favorite creatures were the Sker Buffalo. They're really gentle and don't attack if not provoked. Be very, very, very careful out here." I finish. Everyone is looking at me, and to be honest, it's making me a little bit uncomfortable. "Can you guys stop staring?" I ask.

"Sorry." Everyone says. What. The. HELL. HOW DID THEY ALL SAY THAT IN SYNC?!? EXCUSE?!? (My personality is starting to show a bit much here whoops)

"That was creepy as hell. How did you guys just do that?" I ask, starting to panic slightly.

"We're just that good." James says in his British accent before bursting out into laughter, me following soon after. 

A/N: This is where I'm going to end that chapter. Hope you guys liked it! Sorry it's short. Wanted to post on time. Also, school has been a pain in my ass lately, so I might not post every Saturday until SOLs (a test for my state? country? not sure) are finished with which is... June 7th. Crap. Anyways, see you guys next time!