the teacher-cop, who had been nonchalantly thumbing his moustache while waiting for seungmin to end his big speech, seemed to lose what was left of his patience. he rolled his eyes and inquired, "should i take him to the station, now?"

seungmin turned with the fury of a thousand angry wasps that had their nest poked with a stick.

"i am not done yet!" he yelled at the cop, then turned back to chan, accusatory finger and all: "you tried to murder jeongin that night, didn't you? yes, you did!"

chan was aggressively shaking his head, mouth still wide open. "what? what makes you even say that!"

"you- you! but you failed, it wasn't successful because this lanky bean pole," he mindlessly pointed in hyunjin's direction, "came in and saved him. so you..." he chuckled madly, "no, you were incredibly frustrated, weren't you? and needed a kill that night."

there was a rustle of movement from the crowd, probably people becoming squirmish at seungmin's gory details.

chan shook his head. "no! stop!"

"you made sure to not leave even a trace of the poor boy's body behind. not a piece of him to trace it back to you! we couldn't even identify the poor kid! just blood and more blood in the middle of the woods..." seungmin was actively screaming his words.

so was chan: "seungmin. stop! stop talking!" he shook his head again, but now slowly, disbelieving. "what's wrong with you?"

at that, seungmin's cheeks flared red, and, jeongin noticed he was wrong at thinking he'd ever seen seungmin truly mad.

but before seungmin could bite back another wave of accusations, someone was pushed out from the crowd.

it was jisung.

once he realized everyone's eyes on him, he yelped, reached behind him and dragged a protesting minho with him.

"fuck! what are you doing?" he hissed.

"what is this?" seungmin barked at them, visibly furious for being interrupted yet again. "what do you want?"

and although they were both running for school council president, and therefore supposed to be exuding authority, both of them seemed to cower a bit at seungmin's snapping words.

"we... we need- huh... we ne-" jisung mumbled.

minho recovered quicker:

"we need to tell you something."

the teacher-cop arched his brow at that, arms coming up to cross at his chest. jeongin widened his eyes at the gun in his belt.

seungmin was more impatient, "what?"

minho didn't say anything, just pushed jisung forward one more time and looked away.

jisung, like a deer caught in headlights, gulped nervously at the hundred pairs of eyes scrutinizing him.

"that was our fault!" jisung blurted out, eyes shut tight as if waiting to receive a hit.

the crowd gasped again.

seungmin's left eye twitched slightly. "whose fault? you two?"

"yes!" jisung yelped, hands closing into fists. "it... it was supposed to be my idea by minho stole from me and-"

"i didn't steal it from you," minho defended himself to the crowd. despite everything, they were still future voters. "it just happened that we had similar ideas!"

"shut up!" seungmin demanded, "so, you're telling me that you two murdered a person together?"

both boys were startled, understandably, at the accusation of manslaughter.

"no! we didn't-"

"it's not like that!"

there were sounds of chains jiggling and heavy footsteps, and then there was the teacher-cop standing right in front of them, in all his gun-in-belt glory.

jisung gulped. "i-i mean, it was a prank, you know?" he stepped back, "we know some boys from out of town that do this kind of thing in college, you know?"

"yeah, so, it's called the bloodbath," minho cut in to save his rival, "it's a newbie hazing thing. fake blood the guys wanted us to do it and take pictures in exchange for votes, i said it." minho threw his hands in the air in defeat.

the crowd gasped loudly, but this time, outrageously.

"is this allowed?" someone asked.

"i knew these two were corrupt!" other said.

"i'd still vote for minho, he's hot." another shrugged.

jisung, however clutched at his own hair in the raw image of a man having his dreams taken away from him. "wait! it's not like that!"

the teacher-cop placed a hand on his shoulder, shaking his head in disapproval.

"i am very disappointed," he said.

jeongin watched jisung visibly deflate.

meanwhile, as the chaos reigned again in the room, now with a whole debate for whether or not there should still be an election since nobody was willing to vote, seungmin frowned down at his own feet.

"if chan didn't do that, then..." he tried, but failed in completing his thoughts. "i spent all this time..."

chan, getting up from the seat, walked up to him, and reached tenderly for seungmin's cheek with the hand that was still handcuffed. seungmin had done a terrible job on arresting chan: the other end of the handcuffs hung loosely from his hand.

"ah, seungmin," he said, fondly, "let me explain."