Chapter 6

first posted: 4/6/22

WARNING: cursing

recap: She took her- was that a yoyo?- off of her hip and threw it in the direction Adrien had run. Once it had latched around something, she gave Charlotte one last grateful look before she pulled the string back and got launched into the air with a scream.

Charlotte laughed and took off running.

QUICK NOTE: FOOTBALL=SOCCER IN EUROPE. OK ENJOY THE CHAPTER:D

****

"Damn, Dwayne Johnson looks different here!"

Charlotte snickered at her joke while her spotted partner gave her an unamused look. They had just arrived at the top of the football stadium where Stoneheart and Chat Noir were fighting. The villain threw a punch which the blonde hero dodged with a jump backward, extending his baton and hittting Stoneheart in the nose.

Charlotte's eyes widened and she heard a gasp from beside her. Stoneheart had begun emitting yellow light and was quickly growing bigger than he had been before being struck by Adrien's baton.

"CHAT NOIR, DON'T HIT HIM!" Charlotte yelled.

Adrien grit his teeth and threw an annoyed look up to his sister, "YEAH NO SHIT BLONDIE!"

"Does he realize that he's also blonde?" Spots asked with a raised eyebrow. Charlotte snorted and turned to face her, "Probably not. Seems like he's kinda slow to be honest. But, it also seems like he needs our help, so will you be joining me?" she asked.

Spots laughed nervously, "I don't know...I can't even stand up to the girl who makes fun of me at school, how am I supposed to fight a super-villain?"

Suddenly, Charlotte grabbed both sides of the girl's head and made it so they were nose to nose.

"I- oh hello. What are you-"

"Spots, you're allowed to be nervous. It might not seem like it, but I am terrified right now. We're animal-themed superheroes, it's our first day on the job, we barely know how to use our weapons and powers, and we have to fight a giant rock monster who grows when we hit him or else the bad guy wins. That's a hell of a lot of pressure for three teenagers." Charlotte said.

"But what if-"

"You are a badass. You wouldn't have been chosen to hold a miraculous if you weren't. Besides, look at that idiot," Charlotte turned both of their heads to look at the field below them and pointed at Chat Noir, who was currently disco-dancing and saying something like 'You wish you had moves as smooth as these.' He promptly got flicked away by the villain, and looked more annoyed than injured when he recovered.

Spots laughed at the sight, earning a smile from Charlotte. "You've got a pretty good chance at being helpful if he's holding his own. Either way, all three of us are a team. Stoneheart doesn't stand a chance against us."

Spots smiled and nodded. "Okay. I-I'll come with you. Thanks for the pep talk, I needed that."

Charlotte winked, "Yeah, anytime! Now let's go kick some ass."

Charlotte dropped down to the stadium stairs and Spots followed suit, both heroes running towards the grass at full speed and skipping multiple steps at a time.