𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈

Start from the beginning

However, that was not true. And although in the years without her I grew to know the truth, Madison also helped me feel at ease with myself and find happiness in other things than a partner.

I wasn't being arrogant, I wasn't being selfish. I was just learning to love myself, something that may seem so easy for it was only a two word sentence, but that very little could grasp upon their whole life.

Finn insisted on going outside and playing with his dolls, therefore I nodded with a smile just to make him happy. I had recently bought him a tiny suitcase that was made to carry Barbie dolls, and now Finn was happily running towards the garden with his little suitcase trailing behind.

"Choose one," he said once we sat in the grass. There was some sun light left alongside the white clouds all over the blue sky. I grabbed one of the dolls which had dark red hair which looked too fake too be natural whilst Finn grabbed a man and a blond woman.

"Look. This is Mad and this is you," Finn said pointing to the dolls he was grasping in his two small hands. "What's her name?" He pointed to the doll in my hand.

I sat there looking for a name even though she was just a doll. "Rhea."

"She is Mad and you..."

"Friend?" I offered for the word he didn't know how to say.

"No, she is like me," he answered with a pouty face.

"Our daughter?"

"Ok," he nodded, not caring that the three dolls looked the same age.

We started playing family, Finn making scenarios I was shocked could come out from a 3-year-old's mind. He always had a smile as if he was having the most fun in his life.

"Doll," he pointed to the small suitcase. I grabbed another doll, this time a red haired one.

"Ree's girlfriend," he said, muttering the doll's name wrong. I chuckled, once again continuing with the story.

We got inside the house once the son had come down and Finn was too tired to keep playing. Surprisingly, for a little kid he could go on and on playing, not getting bored or distracted.

We sat in the living room, Finn eating some cookies. I didn't even care that he wasn't eating toasts, and that was a lot, to be honest.

"Where is Mad?" Finn asked, still eating his Oreo.

"She went some days to see her Mom, she's coming back don't worry," I said, running my hand down his black hair. "Next time you're here she'll be here so we three can play."

"Am I why here little days?" I didn't take long to answer because I didn't understand what he said, but because it was harder to answer.

"I promise, when you grow up, you can come here more times. Just...your Mom and I live far away and it's difficult," I said, trying to find him and answer.

"Why live far away?" He asked, munching on his cookie.

"Because we both have work where we live."

"Leave work," he answered quickly.

"It's not that easy," I chuckled, even though that was not the reason he only came here once a month. My head had been clouded before, and I couldn't understand how he would actually be better loving with me. I had recently been researching and contacting people as to ways of changing Finn's custody, for I knew how Eleanor's reaction would be like. How every mother's reaction would be like. I didn't want to keep Finn away from his mother, it would all be in vain if I did that because thing would be the same.

I just needed to find a way. And hope life didn't come crashing down on me.

I'm sorry I kept all of you waiting and uploaded kind of a filler short chapter

I'm sorry I kept all of you waiting and uploaded kind of a filler short chapter. But I got all my English international exams payed so it was worth it.

There isn't a chapter where Aaron doesn't talk about toast. I know. It's an obsession.

Also, there's a little hint throughout the chapter of a story that may come in the future and how it is linked. Comment your theories please.

QOTC: Ngl, throughout the story one of the best things I've found is Aaron's character development. Not only personality wise, but also in his self-love and acceptance and that was just an idea that came to me while writing. He would've just been a normal man without a toast obsession and without any trauma throughout his life. But I like this better. Now the question. Which character's development was your favorite?

QBIB: What job did you want to do as a child? For me, I had a lot. First, singer and actress, but then I went into a rock faze and wanted to play the electric guitar and be a dj. Yeah...

Love you all mf queens and kings,

Mart ☯︎