04

Just like what Sunny wished for, Jake had hurt Iris. He let the football team talk about her. He let them believe lies and whatnot just for him to gain more popularity. No one even listened to her words.

"He did what?" Sunny almost yelled out.

"He's letting everyone believe that I slept with almost everyone on the football team. I don't know why but I already broke up with him. He's so annoying anyway, he's trying to control who I hang with because he's jealous," Iris told her with anger.

Although Sunny hoped for them to break up, she hadn't expected Jake to do something cruel. She hadn't seen the cliché blonde popular girl get talked about. She hadn't seen the beautiful girl cry until she met Iris. Sunny felt as if she was living in a movie and she was just the side character that was the main character's go-to friend.

The one with little screen time, no significance, and rarely thought about friend.

"Screw him, I don't know him but screw him! It's not fair that he's making you look bad. It's his fault for not helping his girlfriend, sorry, ex-girlfriend," Sunny fumed as they walked to class.

Iris just laughed at Sunny. Had she said something wrong? She just couldn't help but get angry on Iris' behalf because of Jake. He was supposed to make Sunny feel happier about him being with Iris, not the opposite.

Nonetheless, Sunny wouldn't contact Jake and tell him off like she promised Iris. She would let him continue slandering Iris because Sunny knew,

She had no power to help Iris.

Sunny wasn't popular or unpopular. She sat where many people knew her face and probably name but didn't know her enough to trust her. No one would trust her words of Iris not being the girl who cheated on her boyfriend.

Maybe some part of Sunny wanted Iris to beg for help. Sunny felt like Iris was the only one to truly know her. Sunny hoped that Iris felt the same way.

"How are you feeling today?" Sunny asked Iris about a week later.

"I'm fine today. He finally told everyone that he was lying and that's the end of that. We...got back together. Don't!" Iris cried as Sunny slapped her arm.

The two girls had gotten closer in terms of their friendships. Their hour math class and few minutes during PE had helped pushed them together. Sunny was happy to see her every day and felt saddened when she didn't.

And it wasn't as if they talked outside of school for Sunny to know when she wasn't going to school. But that didn't matter because Sunny only interacted with her for that hour class.

Did they need to have further contact if Iris never spoke of it first?

***

A/N:

If anyone is spreading words and rumors, end them. Terminate them. The rumors, not person...unless? Don't let others make up things so that they can get popular. Sometimes, Sunny still feels guilty for not helping during that time even if it doesn't mean anything now.

Technically, Sunny didn't stop Iris from believing that apologizing won't erase damage that was possibly detrimental.

Speak up when needed and speak up when you feel like it!

But, I hope you enjoyed! Please, vote and comment!