"Sanjana! Sanjana!"

"Ro---rohan," I gasped.

I heard Rohan but I couldn't make out his words as the world spun around me, my body was dangling upside down just like my car. I heard the sirens before I passed out.

°

Rohan's P.O.V.

"Rohan beta calm down, she'll be alright," mom said.

"Rohan, sit down you'll tire yourself,"

"Rohan! Sit down this instant!"

Mom's angry voice made me wince and I rubbed a hand over my tear-stained face before sitting down on the sofa.

"She'll be alright jiju, that bitch can't leave me yet," Sonia said.

I don't know how long I waited outside the operation theatre, I knew I had to look into this accident but I couldn't care less.

As soon as the red light flickered off and the doors opened, all of us were on our feet gathering around the doctor as he removed the mask.

"She's out of danger, we'll transfer her to the normal ward in some time," the doctor said, exhausted from the four hour operation.

We all sighed in relief and thanked God and the doctors. I heard someone running in our and when I looked up, I found a lady in police uniform and a guy with his hand in a cast looking at me.

"Are you... Is Sanjana alright?" The lady said.

"How do you know her?"

"Who are you?" She asked back.

I bit back a laugh as I stared at the lady in front of me.

"I'm Rohan Mehra, Sanjana's husband," I snapped.

"Oh fuck! I'm so sorry sir, I'm Swetha, the officer incharge for Sunidhi, the acid-attack victim, and that's my husband ACP Jay we came as soon as we heard of the accident," she said, offering a small smile.

"Oh, I wasn't aware--"

"It's probably because of your injury sir," she added.

"Ah, well Sanjana is out of danger, luckily the police were nearby and the hospital was close too so we ameere able to get her to the hospital before some serious damge happened," I said.

"Oh thank god," she said.

Her cellphone beeped and her whole demeanor changed as she read what was written on it.

"We'll be going now, Sunidhi has received some unexpected guests, so until the next time," she said and she ran at such a speed, it was like one moment she was there and the next she wasn't.

"Oh urmm... Well I guess I need to follow her, nice meeting you Rohan," Jay said as he jogged away.

"Rohan, want some coffee?" Sonia asked.

"Nahi, you guys go,"

°

I was sitting outside the room, waiting for my turn to visit my wife, my family was next to me and Sanjana's was inside the room. It had been over an hour since the incident and Sanjana was awake. It was obvious that I was staying overnight because no way in hell am I leaving my wife. Not after this accident nearly scared me to death. Just imagining life without her seemed like a crime. The door opened and Sonia and her parents walked out, mom was crying and Sonia held her.

"We'll be back tomorrow," dad said as he hugged me and then both my family and hers left.

"Okay, let's do this," I muttered to myself before opening the door.

My breath got knocked out of my lungs as I stared at her. She was covered in bandages from head to toe. I was a little disappointed to find her asleep. I wanted to hear her voice. The fact that I hadn't had any sleep must have caught onto me because even with closed eyes, her lips parted as if to say something.

"Are you just going to stand there and stare at me like a creep?" She said with a small smile and she opened her eyes and looked at me.

"You're awake?"

"Hmm I was just resting my eyes,"

I walked closer to her and settled on the chair. I didn't care for anything as I reached out for her hand, she didn't even hesitated as she left me take her hand in mine and bring it closer to my cheek.

"You fucking scared me," I whispered, the tears that I'd kept at bay now pricking my eyes.

"Not like I had any control of it Rohan," she said softly and caressed my cheekbone with her thumb.

"Thank goodness you're safe,"

"When can I leave the hospital? I don't like it here," she whispered.

"You have to stay here for atleast a week,"

"No, please do something Rohan, staying in this room, these white walls, it's bringing back bad memories,"

"Sanjana,"

"Please Ro," she pleaded.

"I'll try my level best to get you out of here but if they deny, which I know they will, then I promise to stay here next to you all the time so you don't feel scared okay?"

"Yeah,"

"Now sleep will you?"

_____________________________

Excuse me for my sloppy writing today. Yet I hope you guys have enjoyed it.

This dog is living the life I want to live