41

I had my scans this morning. It wasn't good news. The Doctor told me that my already damaged arm is worse now. I'm going to have very limited movement.

I can have surgery and physiotherapy but there's no guarantee that it'll fix the issue. I could end up with a nearly useless arm, and that's a scary thought.

The Doctor is coming back later to discuss my options. I'm laying in bed, alone in my room, thinking things over.

I look at my left hand and the sparkling ring on my finger. I still can't believe that Louis wants to marry me.

I miss him. When he left me last night, I was in tears. Tears of happiness. But this morning I have tears of sadness and fear. Sadness because Louis isn't here, and fear from a possible operation.

It's a few hours later, after a nap, when visiting hours finally arrive.

"Hi love. How are you today?" My Mum asks as she walks in followed by Gemma.

I burst into tears as they walk towards my bed. "Oh my baby. What's wrong?" Mum asks, as I fall into her open arms. "Talk to me darling."

I pointed at my left hand.

"Oh my...is that...?" Gemma asked, in shock. She grabbed my hand and pulled it towards her, her mouth open. "Shit, Harry, it's gorgeous."

"You're engaged? Oh Harry...I'm so happy for you." She pulled me in for a hug, as Gemma couldn't take her eyes off my ring. "But...why are you crying?"

"My arm.."

Mum rubs my back.

"I might lose the use of it." I sob.

"Oh God. They told you that?"

I nod and continue crying into her cardigan.

"What if I can't use it? Louis would leave me." I cry harder.

"He wouldn't do that. He loves you so much." Gemma says, stroking my ringed hand.

The Doctor came in right at that minute.

"Doctor...Harry said he might lose the use in his arm, is that right?" Mum asked.

He sat down and I let go of Mum and looked at him as he got my chart in front of him.

"Theres too much damage so we'd like to operate on his shoulder. It's a straightforward operation. With the operation and physio, he should gain most of the movement."

"But what about the previous damage?" Mum asked.

He looked further back into my notes. "Ah yes. I see. Obviously anything we do won't change previous damage."

Mum sighed. "But if something did go wrong, then he could lose mobility?"

"Let's not think about that. We need to think positive. I'll go get a theatre slot. I'll let you know when it is. Get some rest Harry." The Doctor said, before leaving us.

"He's useless. I don't like him." Gemma said. I kinda agree with her.

"You'll be alright love. Try not to worry."

I nod and sniff. "Where's Louis?"

I need him.

"He's had a few things to sort out at the shop. He said he'll be here soon."

I lay back on my pillow.

"You tired love?" I nod again.

"Get some sleep. We'll go grab some coffees and come back in an hour or so."

They both kiss me and leave the room. I hate being alone. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭

"Harry?"

Hmmm

"Harry love?"

Am I in heaven? I hear an angel's voice.

"Harry baby. Wake up."

I open my eyes slowly. I was right...it was an angel's voice. Louis. He's sat next to me with my hand in his.

"I missed you." I whisper.

He leans forward and kisses me gently. "How are you feeling?"

"I just wanna go home with you."

"I know. I'm sure it won't be much longer. Your Mum told me you're having surgery today."

I nod. I'm scared shitless.

"Don't be scared love."

It's like he can read my mind.

"Lou?"

"Yes?"

"Would you still love me if I was disabled?" I look down at him holding my hand.

"What? Why did you ask that? This operation will go ok and you'll be fine. But the answer is definitely yes...it won't happen though." He wipes my cheeks that tears were dripping down.

"My arm's already crap though."

"Darling...please listen to me. I love you. I'm going to marry you whatever happens. You are my whole world."

He kisses me.

"I'm sorry. I just still can't believe that you would want to marry me."

"There's nobody else in the whole world I want to marry. You're the only one I want. Now...I don't want to hear you speak like this. Please?"

I nod. "I promise. I love you."

"Not as much as I love you. Now kiss me before I go crazy."

So that's what we did, and it was wonderful.

🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭

Three hours later and I'm about to go to theatre.

Louis, Mum and Gemma are all trying to calm me down. I can't help but shake in fear.

What if I don't ever wake up, dead on the operating table? I'll never see my loved ones again. Never marry Louis. Never adopt children.

"Harry love, you need to calm down. Your heart rate is very fast."

I can't help it. I feel faint and sick. My heart pounding in my ears.

"He's having a panic attack." Mum says. "Harry try to slow your breathing."

I watch her as she breathes in and out slowly. I copy her and eventually my heart rate slows.

"Thank God." Gemma says.

"Ready to go in a minute Harry. The anaethatist will be in soon." A nurse says as she lowers the head of my bed.

My panic starts to rise again.

Louis takes my hand and strokes it gently.

"You're going to be ok Harry. When you're going to sleep, think of us. Think of walking down the aisle towards me. Think of the holiday I'm taking you on when you get out of here. Think of sunny days. Of strawberries on a summer evening. Of golden sandy beaches. Blue sky. Sparkling blue oceans. Birds singing. Of spending our lives together.

I don't hear anymore. Louis relaxed me so much, I fell asleep in his arms.

🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭

Hi...how are you all?

11 YEARS OF ONE DIRECTION! How is it 11 years?

I'm so happy at how they've all grown into such wonderfully amazing young men.

Anyway...thoughts on the chapter?

All the love. L. Xx

💕💕💕