<Chapter 11: Let it go, Laia>

The creature pushed Diana away, so I kept throwing stuff at him. But it was useless. It just kept coming. I knew one way to hold it down. One way I could keep it down long enough for someone to kill it with the spear. I thought about all the horrible things that have happened in my life.

"Laia." I heard my mother say in my head. "Laia, listen to mama." The memory of my mother speaking to crying 5 year old me. "It's okay for things to get messed. And it's okay to get frustrated when things don't go your way. But no matter what, you must not give up on yourself. Because when things get tough, the one person who will always be there for you, is you. So, go ahead, sweetheart." I dropped my hands to my sides and let out a breath. "Let it all go. You hear me? Let it go. Let it go, Laia. Let it go!" I closed my eyes, and I screamed, falling to my knees as a big burst of energy left my body. I heard the creature roar out in pain.

Third Person's POV

The big burst of energy pushed the Amazon Princess back.

She looked over at Doomsday and saw him roaring in pain

She looked over at Doomsday and saw him roaring in pain. She ran over and put her lasso around him, holding him still. Suddenly, green kryptonite smoke appeared, because Bruce shot his last batch at him. Bruce looked over at the love of his life.

He hated to see her in so much pain, but he knew it was the only thing that was hurting Doomsday

Clark flew in and stabbed Doomsday with the spear

Clark flew in and stabbed Doomsday with the spear. Doomsday screamed. He broke free of the lasso and grabbed Clark. He stabbed Clark in the chest with his own bone. Clark grabbed Doomsday's hand and pushed more of the bone into his own chest, so he could get the spear more into Doomsday's chest. Suddenly, Doomsday and Clark screamed together as green light shot out of Doomsday. Then, it went away, and Doomsday fell to the ground, dead, holding a dead Clark Kent. Bruce walked over to them. He picked up Clark as Diana walked over. Diana looked back and saw Lois standing there. Lois let out shaky breaths as she walked over to stand next to Diana. Bruce lower Clark down to the women. Diana took him and put him on the ground as Lois started to cry. Lois kneeled down next to him and held his head in her lap. She put her hand on his face. She smiled, sadly, and leaned down to his face. She kissed his cheek. Bruce looked around and saw Laia laying on the ground, not moving.

"Laia." He said and ran over to her. He kneeled down next to her and checked her pulse. She was alive. He sighed in relief. He pushed the hair out of her face and picked up her up. He held her bridal style and walked back over to the others. Diana was happy that Laia was still alive. They could only afford to lose one friend today. Diana and Bruce looked down at Clark and Lois sad.