Episode 16: Warping Problem

Start from the beginning

"Oh Lupin. Yeah, the location is in the southeast. Where's Theo?" Says Ruby.

"Busy. Anyways, good luck out there." Says Lupin.

Ruby nodded. "Thanks. Well, we gotta go. See you soon!"

Lupin waved his hand and went to the City to start his business.

* * *

After spending a lot of time in their computers, I found nothing worth mentioning. It was depressing and a waste of my time.

I inhaled deeply and sigh. I finished what I came here to do and before I knew it, it was already evening.

I told the guards that I was finished what I came here to do. I exited the building and went out to get some fresh air in the balcony near our dorm.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." I clenched my fist and grit my teeth in frustration.

I took a deep breath and exhaled. I close my eyes for a bit and opened them again. "Damn it!" I exclaimed while slamming my fist to the stone railing.

Prof. Ozpin approached me from behind. "I take it you didn't find the answers you were looking for?"

I turn my head around to meet his gaze and then, back to the distance in front of me.

"Yes. It was a waste of time." I answered him as I hung my head down.

I turn around and meet his gaze. I shrug. "Well, that only means I gotta search harder."

Prof. Ozpin nodded. "Hmmm. Well, I guess you can say that. There might be others who knew about that incident in Atlas."

I covered my mouth with my finger as I think. "Hmmm. Well, after our graduation, I guess we'll head there as soon as possible then. I need to know everything in order for me to move on completely."

"Right. Well then, I'll leave you be Theo. Good night." Says Prof. Ozpin and then, he walked away.

Atlas huh? I say in my mind.

And then, Lupin came into view. "Yo, did you get what you were looking for?" He asked me.

I shook my head. "Uh-uh. Nothing. Welp, I'm starving, let's go grab some dinner."

* * *

A day has passed. We were in the City to resupply and relax at the same time.

"I guess that's all of it." I said.

"Yeah. So, I guess we'll have to relax and wait until they come back." Says Lupin.

I nodded. "Let's go to the plaza for now." I said

We went to the plaza and sit on the stairs. We bought everything we need because we will be going in the next mission briefing.

We felt the ground shaking. We stood up and scanned our surroundings.

"What's this rumbling?" I muttered.

And just then, we heard an explosion. It grabbed the attention of everyone in the area.

"What was that!?" I exclaimed.

"Let's go check it out!" Lupin ran ahead of me. I followed behind him in a hurry.

When we arrived at the area, there was a huge smokescreen. We slowly walk towards it with our weapons in hand.

As we wait for the smoke to clear, we saw Ruby and the others in the ground together with a train that just crashed.

"Ruby?" I said. "What are you doing here? What happened?"

"Theo?" Says Ruby. Yang and the others stood up.