Reunited

Content Warnings: talks of being interrogated, talks of jail, talks of death, talks of suicide, talks of murder, swearing, use of the term "pet" (I think that's all but please let me know)

Word Count: 1k

...

I walked the streets of Virginia alone, keeping my head down but my ears wide open. Listening for anyone that sounded anything like Spencer. My Spencer. The light that was stolen because of my inability to keep my head straight. My jealousy getting the better of me.

I knew Spencer was free. They had no murder weapon, or gun powder residue on his fingers. He was a free man until they found some concreate evidence. But they never would because Spencer was careful. But I'd had yet to see him. I knew he was probably trying to lay low, stay out of the eye of the BAU.

But I missed him. I missed the way he held me and the way he made me feel like I'm the only woman on the planet. We loved each other. We loved each other with our entire souls. Twin flames finding their way back to one another after years and years of being apart. I'd felt like I'd known him my entire life.

My soul missed him. My heart cries out for him every night, the darkness swallowing me in sadness and loneliness. I hoped he missed too. I hoped he was looking for me as hard as I was looking for him. Virginia is small, and if we'd met once, we could do it again.

"Watch where you're going!" The gruff voice bringing me back to the busy sidewalk of D.C. The man was tall, a slight accent catching my attention. His dog sitting by his side. He looked familiar but I couldn't place where I knew the man.

"I'm so sorry! I was in my head." I didn't meet his eyes. Spencer told me to keep my head down and that's what I was doing. "Did I hurt you?" My voice was small, higher than usual. I tried to play it off as if I was anxious and shy.

"I- no? Um, are you okay? You look a little flustered." He tried to get me to meet his eyes. And I did, but only for a moment.

I sighed, "no, sir. Thank you. Just been a very long day." I put my hands in my pockets and the man in front of me stiffens slightly. I find it odd, but I brush it off as paranoia. Plenty of people in D.C. think the government is after them. NSA listening to everything they do and the government stealing rights. The usual American 'trauma'.

"It's only seven a.m." he says as he looks at his watch, keeping me in his peripheral.

"And? I worked all night. I'm sorry for running into you. Have a great day," I brushed past him, doing my best to not look suspicious. I just wanted to go to bed. My brain begging for the rest it really needed. But sleep was hard without Spencer. Life was hard without Spencer. I needed him. Bad.

...

They let me go.

The BAU had no evidence against me so they were forced to let me go. No weapon, no residue, just wrong place, wrong time. Bad luck. Just like everything else in my life. I saw it in their eyes, the anger, hurt and frustration that I was walking free. I knew that, beyond everything, they were pissed I didn't give up my pet.

They'd tried and tried for thirty-six fucking hours. Using every tool in the book to get me to break. But they had to of known it wasn't going to work. I knew that they saw the lack of fear in my eyes.

Threats didn't matter to me. The only thing that mattered to me was her. Keeping her safe and keeping her away from my former team. She was strong, but she would crack the minute they started lying to her.

I knew what they would say, because I'd say it all.

He's turning you in right now.

What would your parents think? Make them proud, Y/N.

He doesn't love you! You're just a pawn in his game!

Tell us and we can help you!

But they wouldn't help her. She would go to jail for the rest of her life. And so would I. Death would be easier than going back to prison. It was a last resort for me, though. And for her. I would take us both out before I let them take her to jail.

I walked the streets of D.C. with my eyes down. I did my best to fit in, trying to disguise myself. Even though I'd been cleared, the media attention was hefty. But D.C. people paid more attention to the devices in their hands than they did about others around them. So much for 'see something? Say something.'

I missed her horribly. I never thought I could miss another person the way I missed, Y/N. Hell, I didn't even miss my mom this much. Though, that was made easier by the fact that she didn't even know who I was anymore. She'd lost that memory after the Cat Adams incident, the stress being to much. It got her sick and she deteriorated soon after. If we're being honest, I wasn't even sure she was still alive. But then again, if she was dead, the BAU would've used it on me.

My thoughts where interrupted by my shoulder hitting another's. "Ow! Jesus doesn't anyone-" I knew that voice anywhere. The tone causing the hair on my neck to stand on end. And I hesitated to look up, afraid I was losing my mind.

But I did it anyway. And I felt the breath be knocked from my lungs and my heart race. I felt the sweat form and time stop. My crumbling world had been put back together in an instant and I had to stop my knees from buckling under me.

"Spencer?" Her voice was soft and watery. Almost the same as the night I'd told her to run.

"Hi, pet. It sure is nice to see you."