"No?" I scoff. "I've been up since 6 AM, working."

"Wow..." He drawls sarcastically. "I forgot I'm dating a military dictator. I'm so sorry Sergeant. Please, forgive me."

"You can't switch from monster to Sergeant..." I smile, totally forgetting what I was just typing. I grab a strawberry from my unfinished oatmeal, stretching my legs under the coffee table.

"How come you don't have any nicknames for me?" He asks like it's been on his mind.

"I do."

"What is it?"

"Satan."

"Thanks."

"Peasant, slave, puppy, ugly, chimpanzee, curly nose hair, sticky butt scratch. I got many."

"Thanks, babe. Thanks."

"You're welcome homie." I smirk and he sighs.

"Anyway, what are you plans today?"

"Why are you so obsessed with me?"

"I just want to know where you'll be so I can avoid going there."

"Then why would I tell you..." I laugh.

"Listen... I'm going to be prepping at the restaurant for... well until it's ready to open. You're welcome to use it as a working spot. There's WiFi and everything."

"And you." I note to emphasize why exactly he's offering it.

"Exactly, and me. Do you want me to pick you up?"

"No, I'm fine. I'll come there myself."

"Alright, no need to chop my head off. When will you be here?"

~

I wanted to sport a cute hobo look so I went to the mall and spent too much money on an oversized blue sweatshirt to look like one.

I also wanted to be sexy so I got black leggings with mesh sides. And since I mean serious business, I put my hair in a high ponytail.

I'm seated by the wall with my laptop and notebook on the table, Lucas is across the room behind the island, testing recipes for his menu. He's playing music on his phone but I have my headphones on to focus on this spectacular data chart on my screen.

Until my phone alerts a text message and I open to see a picture he just took of me. I had no idea I look so angry when I'm focusing.

Lucas just smirks under his lashes when I take my headphones off to give him a 'what the hell' look. The sun from the open window next to him highlights the warm browns in his hair and casts a golden glow on his skin.

"You look like a grumpy kitten." He teases, scrunching his nose, but as he lifts his hands to type on an invisible laptop, he flinches back.

I get up to ask if he's okay when he just takes his shirt off and starts to violently whip the air.

His abs and biceps flex as he fixates a mean glare at an invisible thing while I wonder where the mop is so I can clean my drool off the floor.

"Are you murdering a bee?" I asks when he looks down after the last victorious whip.

"Yup."

"Ignacio!" I gasp, running to the crime scene. "He came to rescue me!"

"Well, he's dead." Lucas says a bit too seriously and picks Ignacio with a paper towel, tossing him in the trash while I wave goodbye.

"May we meet in the afterlife..." I say to my brutally murdered lover when my brain registers I have a half-naked Lucas next to me.

"Why are you blushing like that?" He smiles and I sheepishly giggle while stepping back.