My heart warmed at his declaration and I smiled as I started driving.

"Who said I was going to threaten him?"

"I already know Sanjana," he said.

It had been a week since his cast came off and he could walk properly. Initially it was difficult for him but now he can walk on his own.

"So, what's the chess story?"

"So when our marriage was fixed, Sonia realised that she was going to be the next one and so she set a condition, she's a chess champion on a national level though she quit a few years back, so she said that whoever won against her, she would give that man a chance and nowadays nobody really plays chess, so for the past few dates, she had won or most of those families denied, Mr. Roshan apparently won,"

"He may as well have won her heart,"

"He has I think," I mumbled.

Fear gripped me. I just wanted her to have a happy life. Not a sadistic asshole. Not a drug addict.

"Who did you say it was?"

"Roshan Malhotra,"

"My my, he's Arjun Malhotra's brother,"

"And who are they?"

"They're pretty famous Sanjana,"

"No fucks given though," I said.

"Clearly,"

°

"Sanjana Di," a handsome man called me.

"My my he's handsome," I said in a hushed tone.

"No wonder Sonia fell for him, seeing that you also find him attractive,"

There was an edge in the tone when he said you.

"How did you know in Sanjana?"

"Well, nice to meet you too,"

"Don't get too smart with me," I snapped.

"Roshan, sorry for her behaviour I'm Rohan, Sanjana's husband,"

"I know you, your brother Sunil had once helped us with some issues," he said with a dazzling smile.

I know why Sonia fell for him.

"Let's sit I've booked a table," Roshan said as he guided us to the table.

As soon as we settled, the waitress asked for our orders, I declined and seeing that the others did too.

"Look Roshan I'll get this straight, what are you intentions with my sister? And how in hell did you win against her?"

"Forgive me for saying this but you look beautiful, black is my favourite colour,"

"Shut up!" I snapped, annoyed at him.

"Sorry, as for your questions, chess is my hobby, I love it just as much as I assume Sonia loves it, I knew the tricks she was using and I knew how to counter it--"

"Just because you won against her doesn't mean y'all are getting married,"

"Di, I like Sonia and I'll do anything to prove that I am a nice guy," he said sincerely.

"My sister is already smitten to you,"

"Really? Well that's a relief, I thought the paparazzi's had scared her off," he said, as if to himself.

"You know Roshan, I hold a black belt in Kung Fu,"

"Oh,"

"What she means is, she'll tear you into pieces if your intentions are--"

"Nahi, I seriously like Sonia, I'll do anything to prove that to you,"

"My goodness, look at you, you've met her only once and you seem so serious," I snapped.

"My mother has told me that 'once you get a gem, don't let go, don't be foolish'"

"Roshan--"

"I like you, you seem sincere okay? But it's difficult for my wife to trust you, she'll take some time to get adjusted to the fact that her younger sister has now got someone too, you seem like a good guy for Sonu and it's a good thing, but just so you know that I hear even once that you've hurt her, trust me my wife and I will tear you in pieces," Rohan said.

Roshan audibly gulped and sweat broke in his skin as he stared at us before nodding.

"Thank you, you can go now Roshan, I hope we haven't scared you off," Rohan said with a smile.

"N-no you guys haven't," he said as he got up and said his goodbyes to us.

"Oh and Roshan?"

"Hanji?"

"Not a word of this meeting to anyone okay?"

"Okay," he said before hurrying away.

"I hope we haven't scared him off," Rohan said.

"Oh we haven't, he's a nice guy I can feel it,"

"Yeah, because he's so handsome?" He hissed as we both got up and left the café.

He was rushing ahead not even looking where he was going. He stumbled on a rock and luckily I was next to him as I saved him from falling.

"Jealousy doesn't suit you Rohan,"

"I'm not jealous," he grumbled and broke away from my hold, composed himself and then sat in the passenger seat.

"You know what Ro?" I asked as I settled in the driver's seat and buckled the seatbelt.

"What?" He grumbled.

"I would still choose you if I had the option to choose between Roshan and you,"

He grunted.

"Because you understand me, you're patient and you don't leave me when I have outbursts, so I'd still choose you for having faith in me and for not giving up on me," I said as I looked at him.

"I--"

"And because you may be teensy bit more handsome," I murmured with a smile.

He gasped as he put his hand on his chest, where his heart is.

"You sure do know your way around words now don't you?"

"Mhmm,"

_______________________________

A cutesy kinda update?

Did you guys enjoy it?