23 - He Brought WHAT?

A/N
Thanks for 29k 🥺

The rattling noise of the wheels hitting the runway woke the boys up frantically. Bucky clutched onto Sam's knee as the hard landing made him jump out of his skin. Sam widened his eyes but soon became relaxed when he remembered where he was.

"That was a hard Landing" Sam breathed diverting his eyes down to where Bucky had his hand. "Sorry for the quick grab of your knee, the landing startled me" Bucky laughed it off. "No need to apologise Buck" Sam smiled back patting the top of Bucky's hand gently.

"So where are we going" Bucky announced as he started to get up from his seat with Sam lowing behind him. "We have a hotel booked in the centre of New York for two nights, on Saturday we will have to fight may as well rest up before then" Sam shrugged his shoulders explaining the best he could.

"Karli and these flag smashers it's getting bad isn't it" Bucky exhaled looking towards Sam. "Yeah" Sam frowned. "I just want to try and save her from all of this, it's not what she wants. Karli will end up getting hurt if we don't intervene and With John..." Sam stopped rubbing his palm across his forehead. "Hey" Bucky spoke softly. "I know this is stressing you out Sam, just don't think about it much. John is an asshole" Bucky reassured Him. "I know, I just want to do the best I can, taking up this mantel is a big deal. I don't want to mess it up" He furrowed his brows as he stared at the round leather bag holding Cap's Shield.

Bucky scoffed in response. "You won't mess it up" He rolled his eyes. "You'll do go" Bucky playfully punched Sam in the shoulder. "Thanks Buck" Sam chuckled patting his hand on top of Bucky's knuckles.

"We should get a drink later in the hotel?" Sam questioned. "Sure, you know I can't get drunk Sam" Bucky grinned. "I know, then you'll be able to look after me" Sam chuckled deeply. "I've looked after you before while you was drunk, that was... interesting" Bucky thought back to the day when Sam invited him out for a drink. "I won't ask" Sam laughed. "Yeahhh" Bucky breathed holding back a smile.

The boys grabbed their bags as they made their way down the stairs from the jet. "Do you know New York well?" Bucky questioned as he hauled his bag over his shoulder tightly. "I know places here and there" Sam responded twisting his head over his shoulder to sneak a glance at Bucky. "If we get lost, I'm blaming you" Bucky snickered quietly. "I'm sure we won't Buck" Sam shook his head as a smile was creeping it's way up his lips.

The journey towards the hotel was long yet surprisingly peaceful, the bright headlights of cars passed by a few times but apart from that the roads were dead with the moonlit sky illuminating the road ahead of them. Sam snook a few glances towards Bucky who not surprisingly had fallen asleep.

"I guess that drink will have to wait your ready for bed" Sam whispered to himself as he heard the few snores escape Bucky's lips. Sam couldn't help himself but to admire Bucky, he couldn't believe how lucky he was to have him in his life.

——

"Buck" Sam whispered as he lightly tapped his shoulder. "Bucky" Sam repeated under his breath. "Sam" Bucky mumbled clearly still in a deep slumber. "My- Sam" Bucky murmured making the biggest smile to appear on Sam's lips. Sam's eyes trailed along the curves of Bucky's lips, they looked so appealing right now. He follows every bump of his face and every curve of his features until he locked onto Bucky's eyes which was now open facing right at the man.

"Why are you smiling like a creep Sam" Bucky questioned jokingly. "Just something you said" He chuckled cupping Bucky's jaw gently before swiping his thumb over his bottom lip. "And what was that" Bucky raised an eyebrow. "Nothing" Sam replied still with a growing smile. "I wish I didn't sleep talk" Bucky complained. "I never want you to stop" Sam spoke finally getting out of the Range Rover and heading over to open Bucky's door.

"After you" He spoke letting the man out . "Your My personal escort" Bucky joked. "My highness" Sam smirked before bowing down to Bucky playfully. "Bend over a bit further why don't you" Bucky grinned moving his body a bit closer to Sam. "What?" He asked visibly confused but realised exactly what he meant before quickly straightening up his back hiding a small blush which appeared out of knowhere.

"Come on let's get booked in" Sam quickly changed the subject practically dragging Bucky behind him fasted then he could even move his feet. "Slow down Sam" Bucky announced nearly tripping over this own feet.

The foliage of the lobby rose in organic swirls, relaxing to the eye and soul. As the boys started to walk through the lobby towards the front desks, they both felt the stress of travelling about begin to decompress and to slowly evaporate

"How may I help you" The woman at the desk spoke as she saw Sam rushing over towards her with Bucky behind him. "I have a room booked under the name Wilson" Sam explained to the lady. "Sam Wilson" She spoke with a smile on her lips. "Yes" Sam replied with a smile. "Do you mind, could I get a photo" She blushed hard. "Of course" Sam responded as he saw Bucky rolling his eyes.

"And your Sergeant Barnes" The woman grinned holding out her hand. "Yeah" Bucky responded surprised. "It's nice to meet you" The lady let go of his hand before turning back to the room. "Now sorry about that, I'm a bit of a fan girl" She laughed. "Now it's room 202 and that's a single" She slowed down towards the end of the sentence. "So your sharing a...bed?" She questioned pointing between them both. "Yes" Sam replied crossing his arms tightly. "Oh my god, wait so your" She squealed.

The two looked at each other before letting out a nod. "Yes we are" Sam answered grabbing Bucky over the shoulder pulling him into a Quick side hug. "Omg omg, I'm so happy for you both, when will you let everyone know?" The lady began to ask a lot of questions. "You know what..." Sam started but got cut off. "Thanks for our room key we are very grateful, come on Sam" Bucky spoke before retreating away from the lady.

"Buck, why did you do that" Sam crossed his arms. "She was asking a lot of questions" Bucky responded honestly. "She called you Sergeant Barnes" Sam spoke placing his arm over Bucky's shoulder. "Yeah" He exhaled looking towards the floor of the lift. "That's good Buck" Sam smiled giving his shoulder a little squeeze. "I'm just not used to hearing that" He explained. "I know, your gonna have to get used to it" Sam gave Bucky a little smile reassuring him.

Bucky returned the smile before exiting the lift with Sam still hanging onto his shoulder.

"This is it, 202" Sam potentes towards their room. "You should have a shower Buck" Sam spoke judging his shoulder. "So your telling me I smell" Bucky crossed his arms like a child having a tantrum. "Never" Sam chuckled with a slight roll of his eyes. "Well I will go have a shower so I don't smell" Bucky replied disappearing off into the bathroom in the right corner of their room.

There was a calmness, a serenity, a feeling of optimism as Sam unpacked the bags while hearing the gentle sound of water running in the background. At this moment Sam was happy, he still couldn't believe everything that has happened in the past days or so, actually happened.

Sam shook the thoughts aside while grabbing Bucky's bag from across the floor, he grabbed the bag slightly more aggressively than he intended letting a few things fall from the inside and something caught his eye. His eyes widened when Sam realised what exactly it was which had fallen. But surprisingly he couldn't help the smirk which made its way up his lips.

A/N
HEY BESTIES! I'm so so sorry for this HELLA late update, I have been a tad busy over the week! I really am sorry but pleaseeeee let me know what you thought about this chapter? <333333