13 - Why do you make me feel like this

Sam was walking slowly behind Bucky as he scrolled through his phone looking quite disturbed, he knitted his eyebrows at a message from his sister which seemed quite urgent. "Sam, you good?" Bucky questioned studying his concerned facial expressions as he peered onto the screen of his phone. "My sister wants me to call her, says it's urgent" Sam replied moving his phone towards his ear as he let of a small frown.

Sams breath quickened when he heard what his sister had to say, Karli threatened Sams family and he couldn't believe the nerve she had. He ended the call stopping in his spot while rubbing his hand on his face letting out a shaky sigh and gently leaning against the wall next to him. "Hey Sam" Bucky asked heading towards the distressed looking Sam. "What happened" He questioned placing a hand on his shoulder squeezing it lightly. "Karli called Sarah, she threatened my nephews" Sam breathed lowly still with his head hung low.

Sam felt a presence greet him under his chin and saw Bucky lift his chin up slowly meeting each other's eyes. "Don't worry" Bucky assured him. "Did she say anything else" Bucky asked removing his fingers and replacing them back onto Sams shoulder. "Karli wants to meet, she left a contact number" Sam replied pulling out his phone as he heard a simple ding flash up on the screen.

He scoffed as he read the message out loud. "She said come alone" He spoke turning his head back up to Bucky who simply didn't take his gaze away from Sam. "I'm coming with you" Bucky responded, tenderly rubbing the pad of his thumb on Sams shoulder as he could feel how tense sam was. "Okay" Sam smiled putting his hand to his shoulder where Bucky's hand was and gently squeezed it letting it linger for a few moments.

As the two Looked at each other, Sam observed the fact Bucky knowingly looked down towards Sam's lips multiple times as a simple smirk appeared on his lips. Sam got a feeling in his stomach at this action, it felt almost like butterflies which he never thought he would get around Bucky. Breaking the trance Sam spoke "We should get going" Sam exhaled. Bucky took his lips between his teeth Letting out a small Sigh "yeah" He spoke. "And I need my hand back Sam" He grinned looking at the shoulder.

Sam didn't realise the fact his was basically holding Bucky's hand hostage involuntarily linking their fingers together. "Oh uh Sorry...yeah" Sam mumbled feeling quite Flustered as he released his hand. Bucky shook his head as he let of a warm smile.

The two got to the 'Meeting place' All suited up as Sam looked around hastily in different directions. "KARLI!" He shouted his voice laced with anger. "Sam" Bucky motioned towards Karli who was leaning against on of the pillars on the top floor. Sam got filled with rage as he stormed up ahead of Bucky.

"So this is how we're gonna play this?" He questioned sending glares to the girl. "I would never hurt her, just wanted to understand you better" She spoke calmly. "I see you, um, didn't come alone" He pointed towards Bucky who stood closely behind him. "You have to end this now" He replied. Although Karli wasn't going to agree. She stated how she actually wanted Sam to join her, join her cause with the others or simply to just let her go.

Just as Sam was about to speak up again, he got a message. "It's Walker" He shot Bucky a look as he nodded jumping right of the balcony followed by Sam. Karli followed swiftly after them Sending Sam a punch to the stomach, which he gave back kicking her hard in the stomach. "I'll send you the location! Go!" He exclaimed towards Bucky.

——

Sam flew in retracted his wings as he smashed right through one of the glass windows landing onto the stairs just as John Walker stroller down the stairs with an Evil look in his eye. "They've got Lemar" He spoke coldly rushing through the door followed closely by Sam. They both entered a main area but saw nothing. "Wait I hear something" Sam spoke quietly turning his head only to be greeted by several super soldiers landing in-front of them.

Sam propelled backwards using his wings to avoid contact with one of them. He noticed out of the corner of his eye that Bucky had finally joined them both which brought a quick smile to his lips as he watched Bucky send one of them flying backwards into the wall with a loud thud. While his attention was averted he didn't realise a super soldier was heading right towards him, he got grabbed around the neck resulting in Sam struggling to get free.

Bucky saw this happening and dropped the person he had just finished fighting to aid Sam. He grabbed them hard shooting them backwards away from them both. "Your welcome." Bucky spoke smacking his shoulder playfully.

They were both stopped as they heard a thump come from behind them, frantically turning around Sams eyes widened as he saw Lemar slumped against one of the stone pillars lifeless. He had blood spilling from his mouth but didn't seem to be breathing at all. Everyone left went silent as they comprehend what just happened. John started breathing heavily as he walked towards Lemar his voice shaking. "Hey. Hey. Hey" He spoke tapping Lemar lightly as his heart sped up. Sam and Bucky just stared at each other not speaking a word, they were shocked.

Karli ran out of the room suddenly followed by several other super soldiers. Sam tapped Bucky's shoulder gesturing to follow Karli. They ran out but lost sight of her immediately and decided was best to go back for the day after everything that had happened. Sam felt bad for John, he just lost his best friend. Sam couldn't even think about what would happen if he lost Bucky, his world would be destroyed.

As they walked back through the streets, they heard some commotion happening in the main square. Sam grabbed Bucky's arm dragging him behind as he heard a very familiar voice shouting out loud. "I think it's John" Sam spoke hurrying towards where he heard it. "Oh god" Bucky breathed as he as well as Sam saw the shield smashing down onto Nico. Sam stopped in his tracks and tightened his grip onto Bucky's arm as Walker let out defending screams and yells as he smashed the shield down onto his head one after the other.

Sam exhaled turning to look at Bucky as John walked away leaving groups of people with their mouths hanging open. "Should we go after him" Sam questioned turning his head to Bucky who looked shocked. "No" Bucky replied. "We should leave Sam" He added on. Sam nodded in response still in total shock of the actions John just committed in-front of a large group of civilians.

"I can't believe what John did" Sam spoke as he walked beside Bucky. "I know he lost his bestfriend but his actions was out of order" Sam rambled on quickly. "If I lost you..." Sam started but stopped as he realised what he was saying. "What?" Bucky asked stopping to look at Sam. "It doesn't matter Buck" Sam spoke shaking his head. "I want to know what you was going to say" Bucky pushed him a smirk lingering. "I was just going to say if I lost you, I don't know what I would do" Sam exclaimed quietly rubbing the back of his neck as his heart rate started to speed up with his palms getting rather sweaty.

Bucky let out a smile as he continued walking again. "Your not going to loose me" Bucky replied putting his arm around Sams back pulling him into a sort of side hug. "Yeah, I know" Sam responded strangely loving the feeling of being comforted by Bucky. "That's a promise" Bucky added on side glancing Sam. "Good, I'm keeping you to that" Sam laughed also taking a glance at Bucky who for some reason now avoided eye contact. Sam thought it was because of how close they was but he normally kept strict eye contact even when they was both in close range of each other.
"So we getting a hotel then going back to the us?" Bucky asked breaking the comfortable silence. "That's the plan, tomorrow we need to find John though Buck, we can't just leave it" Sam replied. Bucky hummed lowly as he nodded his head slightly.

The boys headed towards the Main town to find the hotel they would the staying in until tomorrow when they would get a flight back to the us.

"We need a room, please" Sam asked the women on the desk. She started down through her spectacles as she inspected a sheet of some sort. "So is that a single room For you boys?" She questioned smiling from the desk. "We would like two beds please?" Sam responded With a warm smile silently laughing to himself. "Right I'm sorry but we only have a single room with a double bed" She eventually responded looking down at them.

Sam turned to Bucky and waited for his response. "I suppose that'll have to do" Bucky told the lady as he kept his eye contact with Bucky. "So we sharing a bed now" Sam laughed. "I guess we are" Bucky replied in the same tone Sam used, a hint of humour coming through in his words.

A/N
Opinions on this Chapter ?