20 - The perfect Match

A/N
Hi besties!! Please let me know if there is any spelling mistakes! Thank you! 🥰

The next day arrived, igniting the world with life. It was only late afternoon so the sun was still high in the sky.

Sam was seen pushing his body to the max. Push-up after push-up he fought the sweat and the burning sensation in his muscles. To fight he needed to train and he knew this. Nothing had been more important than training except Bucky of course.

Bucky was stood outside eagerly watching Sam as he pushed his body to the max. His eyes trailed every inch and every curve of his body, he just couldn't take his eyes of him.

"You should stop for a while" Bucky spoke still admiring the man from afar. "I can't Buck, not yet" Sam grunted as he finished off another push-up. "You've been trailing all day Sam" Bucky rolled his eyes but admired his determination. "Just another round Buck" Sam replied wiping a pocked of sweat from his forehead.

Bucky shook his head and disappeared inside the house but only a few minutes later he reappeared holding a glass of ice cold water.

"Take a break" Bucky announced waving the water in-front of Sam's face. He exhaled but agreed. "Thanks Buck" He smiled sweetly taking the glass and took a big swig of the liquid.

"So we never really talked" Bucky started unsure of how to word the sentence he was trying to form. "About" Sam questioned taking a seat on a wooden bench he had outside. "This" Bucky waved his arms around gesturing to the both of them. "I think it's pretty clear what this is Buck" Sam laughed shaking his head. "I know" Bucky replied involuntarily taking his lips between his teeth. "So we are..." Bucky started to mumbled. "A couple" He murmured the last bit not loud enough for Sam to hear.

"Say again" Sam turned his head giving Bucky a grin. "A couple-" He finally spoke up loud. "Are we a couple" He asked confidently. "Yes Buck" Sam chuckled deeply resting his hand onto his upper thigh without thinking.

Bucky let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. His worries washed away in an instant. He knows now, he knows that what this is, is permanent. A grin spread across his lips as his placed his hand on top of Sam's and squeezed it gently.

"I don't know about you but I fancy a beer" Sam spoke slapping his knees as he got up and headed towards the door. "Grab me one" Bucky shouted as Sam disappeared into the house.

Not even seconds later Sam came back with two beer bottles in his hands. "Here" He handed the drink to Bucky who took it instantly, taking a small swig of the liquid. "I think Torres is finding out some more information about the flag smashers" Sam announced as he nudged closer to Bucky's side. "They won't quit" Bucky replied. "I know" Sam sighed realising that he was right. Karli wouldn't quit until she got what she wanted.

Bucky leant his head back with a grunt before putting his head tenderly onto Sam's shoulder. "You tired Buck" Sam asked as he put his arm around the back of Bucky. "Yeah, it's getting a bit late Sam" He replied taking another sip of his drink. "We will go inside, in a few minutes" Sam responded taking a look up towards the sky and noticed the lining of clouds covering the sea of blue.

"Did you feel that" Bucky asked sitting up slightly. "Yeah, why does it have to rain on a nice day like this" Sam frowned as he felt the droplets of water drip onto his skin.

Each drop sat on Sam's skin like a puddle that will never leave, perfectly formed, perfectly cold. Soon the rain became heavier though still dropping steady and soft falling from a sky of white velvet.

"You want to go inside?" Bucky questioned. "In a few minutes" Sam breathed turning his head towards Bucky. Sam studied Bucky's face, watching one singular droplet of rain make its way down his forehead and along his cheek. Sam brought the pad of his thumb up to his face wiping away the droplet.