My Last Will

It was just an ordinary Thursday night and the Walp family was having dinner courtesy of Chloe's cooking which Chicago admitted that it was "hand's down the best in all Atlanta".
They were having typical conversations like how Chloe's day was at the clinic, Chicago's day at the military academy wherein he was the senior officer to train new cadets and how their fraternal twins, Carl and Cara's day at school.
They were all laughing when suddenly Chloe's phone rang. They have a "no phones" policy during dinner but the phone rang again and again and again.
Chloe looked at Chicago and gave him an apologetic look and excused herself from the dinner table.
Picking up her phone, she went to her study/office.
It was an unknown caller and the area code was from California.
She recognized it because her best friend and godmother to her twins, Aubrey, was a hotshot lawyer in LA now and they have been talking ever since graduation and Chloe's wedding.
She went to her missed calls and pressed the number that called her a few times.

It rang and rang then finally someone answered.
"Hello?"
"Hi. This is Chloe Walp. You have been calling me a couple times now. May I know who this is?"
"Oh. Mrs. Walp. Thank you for returning my call. I am attorney Williams, the senior legal lawyer from Mitchell Studios. You're still the emergency contact number for Ms. Beca Mitchell"

Chloe suddenly had goosebumps.

Beca Mitchell.

She haven't heard from her ever since they broke up after college. She wondered what happened to her when Beca won't return her calls and messages. Last thing she knew, Beca flew to Los Angeles.
Chloe tried to contact her and try to be friends again. She tried sending her an invite for the wedding.
Eventually, she heard that Beca Mitchell was the upcoming music producer-singer and the hottest celebrity now.

"Mrs. Walp? You still there?"
Chloe was cut off from her blast from the past with attorney Williams' voice.

"Um. Yes. I'm still here. Please call me Chloe."

"Okay, Chloe. There is no other good way to tell you this but Ms. Mitchell died half an hour ago. She was involved in a plane crash. She was on her way to Atlanta for a business meeting when her private jet encountered some engine problems and crashed.."

Chloe was speechless.
She loved Beca. She was trying to mend their friendship. She was her best friend. She could not believe what she just heard.
She fell into her knees and began to cry.
Everything was too late now.
She lost Beca without even asking for forgiveness.

"Chloe. I know this is a lot to take in. Its a lot to process. I am so sorry."

Chloe took deep breathes trying to calm her breathing. She did not want her family to hear her or even see her like that.

"Thank you for letting me know Mr. Williams." She sobbed.

"There is one more thing Chloe. I have contacted all the Bellas and will be flying out here in LA Saturday morning. I will be sending each of you a private jet, courtesy of Beca's will. Go to the SunJet private plane company and there will be a plane waiting for you."

"Okay. Thank you Mr. Williams."

———-

It was a good thing that Chicago was so understanding that he didn't have Chloe explain why she was going to Los Angeles. When he heard "The Bellas" and "Beca", he knew.
He knew that Beca was Chloe's first love. He knew the Bellas were her family and no matter what they're doing in their lives, if someone needed them, one or two or all of them would drop everything and go to her. It's in their Bella oath.

Chicago dropped Chloe off the private airport and told her to call him when she lands.

A few hours later, Chloe landed in Los Angeles and immediately called him to tell him that she's safe and that she's on her way to Beca's office.