Valentines day

Start writing your story

"Counted up the days
Since it went to hell and I watched you walk out
Counted up the ways
I've tried to save myself and I've kept my head down
I think it's time
To give my heart a chance
See if it's healed by now
I think it's time, I think it's time"

Chloe still remembers the day she and Beca had that argument. Every day, she wishes she would have just listened to Beca explaining about the tabloid she saw that morning. Instead, she accused her of cheating with that girl the paparazzi saw getting out of Beca's recording studio.

"She's our newest singer, Chlo.. Why would you think that I would cheat on you?" Beca said as she tried to console her girlfriend.
"I don't know, Beca! This is not the first time this happened!" Chloe said pacing back and forth their kitchen.
"How much explaining do I have to do? Like, come on. Don't you trust me?" Beca said, practically begging Chloe to believe her.
"I do want to trust you.." Chloe whispered.
"But?" Beca pushed on.
"But I don't know Beca."

Beca shook her head and smiled.
"But you don't trust me. I get it.."
She walked past Chloe and up to their room and after fifteen minutes, she returned with a duffel bag on her right hand.

"What are you doing, Beca?" Chloe's shocked tone was visible to the question.

"You dont trust me. I kept explaining everything to you but you wont listen." Beca responds.
"Let me know when that changes. I can't be with someone who doesnt trust me. Its my line of work Chlo. I will be linked to anyone really. But I dont care because I already have you. But I guess that's not enough reason.." Beca said as she walked out the door.
Before closing the door, she looks at Chloe behind her.
"I love you Chloe. Please know and remember that.."
And Beca shuts the door gently.

That was almost two years ago
Chloe never got a chance to call Beca back.
She got into a car accident when she was on her way to her own apartment.

I'm hanging out with someone else
I think they like me too
When in lust, it's hard to tell
When everything feels so new
I kissed her hips to find some help
But I know it's not the truth
No matter what I tell myself
She's not as good, she's not as good
She's not as good as you, no

Chloe's friends tried setting her up with different people. Although some were good, it didnt last long. Chloe would always end the relationship whenever the other person starts to take it to another level.
Sure, she's been getting some physical intimacy, but thats just it. She cant. She still cant.
She cant stop herself from comparing them to Beca.

There's not a day
Where the thought of you doesn't wake up with me
Gotta be a way
I could live without ya and not feel empty

It happened on the night before Valentines. Beca knew it was one of Chloe's favourite holidays. So she prepared alot just to come home to an angry and jealous Chloe.
She didnt mean to walk out, but it just happens all the time, Chloe being like that.
The exhaustion she felt led her to walking out.

I'm fine all night
Feelings that I can't forget
I wish you were
Sleeping next to me instead
I loved the way your
Skin would feel against my chest
I pray you're not
The best that I will ever get

Chloe still cant move on. She knew that Beca was the one and that no one can replace her.
And now, the night before Valentines Day, Chloe sat on her balcony, drinking the night away.

"Cheers, Beca.."