𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟹:𝙸'𝙼 𝚂𝙾𝚁𝚁𝚈, 𝙸 𝙳𝙸𝙳𝙽'𝚃 𝙺𝙽𝙾𝚆 𝙸𝚃 𝚆𝙰𝚂 𝙿𝙸𝙲𝚃𝚄𝚁𝙴 𝙳𝙰𝚈

Start from the beginning

*******
Dad had Miguel on some machine that made him look like a total baby. He had explained to me how it was supposed to make Miguel walk. I didn't really see how this was going to work but dad told me it did so I trusted him.

"Are you ready or what?" Dad asked him. "I hate this. This is ridiculous." Miguel complained and I couldn't help but agree with him.

"Whats ridiculous about it?"

"I look like a giant baby!" He exclaimed. "The way you're whining and not walking, you might as well be a baby." Dad responded.

"Isn't there a more badass way we can do this?"

"You think tapping your foot at a concert makes you ready for badass training? Your legs are still pussies! Now, are you ready to stand?"

"Yes."

"Ok. One, two, three, go." Dad dropped Miguel and he landed with a thud causing me to wince, having to help him up. "All right. Better fall that time. Let's take five." I sat back down on the couch and dad threw me a soda which I caught without looking up from my phone.

"You know uh....moms been talking about you a lot recently." I smiled, since my dad had been crushing on Miguel's mom for ages now.

"Oh yeah?"

"She says thank you for taking me to that concert." I gotta admit, I was a bit salty I wasn't home when they went to the concert. From the way Miguel described it to me, it seemed pretty fun and badass.

"She say anything else?" Dad asked. Miguel shook his head and turned towards his computer where it looked like he was writing some essay. "You write?" I asked nodding my head towards the computer. "Oh. No, it's a Facebook message."

"That? To who?" Miguel questioned. I gotta admit, I have never seen someone type such a long message out. "I uh.....babe from high school." Dad answered and I nodded.

"Ali." My jaw dropped as I looked at dad. "Ali Mills? Oh shit, I can't believe you guys are chatting again!" I exclaimed happily.

"This is huge! This is huge! But I mean, you're not gonna send that, right?" Dad looked at us confused and I couldn't believe he was actually going to send that message. "You cannot send her that."

"Why not?"

"Because it's like eighty pages. In all caps." Dad did not know how to use a computer to save his life. "I have 35 years worth of stuff, all right?"

"Cool. But shorter messages are way cool. You really think Ali is gonna take the time to read all of that? A simple sentence would be better!" I stated. "She's right. That just looks desperate. And a little creepy. Sending her this would be like if you....like if you liked all her photos." Dad looked guilty and my eyes narrowed at him before I realized.

He literally liked all her photos.

"Oh no."

"Oh dear god no."

"What the hell man? I enjoyed the photos! And there's a button for exactly that, why wound I not click on it?"

"Because she can see that." Miguel answered. "All right I got amped-up, ok? Look, she put a smiley face. It's even got little red cheeks. Does that mean she's gettin' hot? Feelin' hot? What am I supposed to do with that?" I facepalmed and sighed. "I'm pretty sure it's just a smiley face. Let's take a look." Miguel and I looked over the message.

"Ok, she says she wants to know what you've been up to. Good. This is good. We can salvage this. Let's just make you a kick-ass profile. Then you'll be sending your message from a position of strength. First we need to get some pictures. Do you have any photos?"