005

Y/N had gotten to the bottom of what seemed like a never ending staircase. She looked up a over and couldn't even see where the stairs began, "At least I didn't fall this time." While her and Will were excavating to make the stairs she has fallen. Luckily the hole wasn't as deep as it is now, but it still hurt. She broke her arm and couldn't do anything for awhile. Y/N wandered down a lit path. The walls were replaced with stone bricks, wood, and cobblestone to make it look nicer. She stopped at a wall with a couple signs.

Straight Ahead - Enchanting Room
Right - Nether Portal
Left - Spawners

There were other directions but her and Will were still working on those so they just had the three basic locations set up for now. Y/N made her way down the left path only to stop at some more signs.

Spiders this way
Skeletons this way
Zombies this way
Creepers this way
CLOSED
CLOSED
CLOSED
CLOSED

She took the direction of the Skeleton spawner and stopped. She looked through the glass panes in front of her and watched as the Skeletons broke their way out of the ground. Once they were up and around the hole would disappear. She watched the process from the safe side of the glass. She was shocked when she found out mobs can't see her when she's behind glass. Which is crazy because....because it's glass...it's see through she kinda expected they would be able to see through the transparent block and SEE her. But they can't. She pulled out her axe and broke the glass and put a torch besides the spawners before pulling out her bow and shooting at the skeletons.

She shot the five that were in there before entering through a side door and picking up the bones they had dropped. She also got some arrows and an almost busted bow. She grabbed her torch before leaving the room to let them spawn again. She flicked a switch and the bottom part of a wall opened up and a cart came racing down toward her. It stopped and she looked over at it. There was a chest in it where she put the busted bow and the bones she had collected. There was 5 ingots, 2 sticks, 3 pieces of wood and a crafting table in the chest for when she was ready to leave. Along with a note from Wilbur. She closed the chest and left the cart there.

I finished the rail to the 'lair' lol before starting the greenhouse, now you don't have to take the stairs
-Sir Wilbur the Great! ♥️

Y/N smiled and laughed a little after reading the note. He always puts 'sir' before his name when he writes her notes. It reminds her of a knight. Y/N folds up the note and puts it in her back pocket. She then went back to the Skeletons.

Repeating this process for hours. Killing skeletons. Collecting their loot. Putting the loot away. Over and over again. She checked her clock and saw it was almost time for her to make dinner. She stretched and checked the cart. There were multiple stacks of 64 bones and she felt accomplished. She got out the crafting table and iron and made a mine cart. She then pulled out the stick and wood and crafted a wooden pickaxe.

Y/N took a deep breath before pushing the heavy mine cart with the chest in it. They really needed to figure out how to use the railing system without the door closing on them or the cart leaving them. The red stone activates and the cart with the chest drives off. Y/N then puts her cart on the rail and climbs inside before looking behind her and quickly switching the lever again. The wall closes behind her and the red stone activates. Sending her down the railway and she lets out the breath she didn't know she was holding.

"Gosh, I'm gonna lose my hand one of these days." She tells herself as she looks outside the cart. She rode over a long ravine and looked down. Most of it was unexplored and dark. The lava below was the only source of light. She sighed as she leaned on her hand and looked down below. The dark. It scared her more then anything, "What the?" She saw a torch down below, a faint sound of someone mining and was confused. It shouldn't be there, "Hello?! Who's down there?!"

The sound stopped and she was curious. She put her bow on her back for easy access. Pulling out her pickaxe and stopping her cart. Y/N looked around before hopping out. She sighed, "How do I get down there? Let's see...." She looked down the railway and saw where the wall met the tracks again. She ran over and started digging into the wall until she was down on one of the edges. Y/N made her way towards the torch.

"Hey! Where are you?!" She called out as she looked into the connecting cave, "I won't hurt you!"

"You say that," she heard a familiar voice, "but we watched you pull out your bow."

"We?" She asked and shook her head, "No, I'm just cautious. Please tell me what you're looking for. Where are you?"

"Hiding." The voice said, "You're strange. Why aren't you running?" He asked.

"Running? Hiding? This is my territory." She said as she pulled out her bow and her arrows. They were tipped with netherite. She set them on the ground before pulling out her axe, "Are you one of the thieves?" She asked the darkness.

"Thieves? First you catch us mining, next you call us thieves? Why would you think that?" He asked.

"I know everyone in the Myra district. We are mountain people and we rarely get visitors," she started, "but when we do? They normally aren't good. You're not just one, but two strangers. There's been multiple robberies at my apothecary."

"You're apothecary? I was under the impression it was Dreams."

"Yes, it is Dreams. I work with him and his sister. You know Dream?" She asked as she had her axe at the ready.

"You could say we are old friends. Hey, don't get hostile now. We are just here for some iron." He called out.

"I'm not, I'm just cautious."

"Cautious?" A new voice called out.

"Hey Ph-," the first voice called out.

"It's alright," the second one started, "Do you mind if we mine here miss? We promise to only grab iron."

Y/N sighs, "Wait I-"

"Y/NNNNNNN!" Wilbur called out down the railway.

"Shit," Y/N said, "I have to go. Please be careful, they say there's a winged monster around. If you ever need help please don't be afraid to ask. This looks sketchy. Goodbye for now!" She said as she ran back towards the railway and blocking off the wall before climbing back into her cart and starting her ascent again.

"Y/N?" One of the voices questioned. He came out and pulled his pig skull off his face as he looked up at the railway, "So you're the one who's been protecting Wilbur."

"It seems we have found the missing princess, Techno."

"Yeah, seems so. But she doesn't remember. I wonder when Will found her. It's been a few years since she's gone missing." Tech said as he looked over at the blonde haired man.

"Seems so. I heard from Tommy that you guys scared her last night. I told you not to advance after her. Especially since you are a wanted man right now."

"Hey! You are too Phil! You're that 'winged monster' people are freaking out about. I'm gonna kill Tommy for selling us out."

"He did so because I threatened to take his Elytra."

"Whatever. Let's just grab this iron and get going. Tommy might burn the house down." Tech said as he collected his torches, "Down with the king, one iron bar at a time."

"Yeah," Phil said as he grabbed Tech and walked to the edge of the ledge before opening his wings, "I think it's about time we meet with Dream."

"That'll be greeeeaaaat," Tech said with sarcasm, "Can't wait for him to explain why he didn't tell us he had contact with the princess."

"Just don't kill him." Phil said as he opened his wings and flew for the way they came in.

"No promises."