41

VALS POV
"Ethan!" Rachel's dad calls out. We run down the hall and he looks at me in confusion. "W-Who is this?" Ethan stays silent and slightly looks at me.

"A friend." I look at him in disbelief. "Can I go in?" The dad nods his head and Ethan runs straight in the room. As the door opens Rachel's screams echo throughout hall.

I walk into the lobby and see Ethan's family sitting there. I hesitate if I should go sit with them or not. I take the seat behind them and rest my hands in my pocket.

"Here." I look up to see Grayson handing me a black jacket. "The least I can do." I smile and wrap the jacket over me.

"I'm leaving." I blurt out. Grayson looks at me in confusion, not understanding what I meant.

"Leaving?" He questions.

"Maybe Boston? Chicago? I don't know which one yet." A silence breaks through for a while. "It's time for me to get a new start. There's nothing for me here Gray."

"Did you talk to anyone about this?" I look up at him and laugh.

"I just thought about it right now." He laughs with me. I rest my head on his shoulder and he hold my hand. "Imagine telling a total stranger our story?"

He laughs out loud and sighs, "Definitely not." I let out a laugh. "When do you want to go?"

I shrug my shoulders, "Well if there's any plane tickets left, tomorrow."

"I'll miss you."

"Well jeez I'm not never coming back." We laugh, I look up at Lisa and she has a smile plastered on her face. She slightly nods her head and I return one back to her.

Yea tomorrow sounds great

"So you're doing this huh." My mom smiles. I hold her hands and pull her close to me. "I'm surprised there was an available ticket for tomorrow."

"You can always come with me." I raise my brows at her, She laughs in response.

"This is your time Val. Get away, meet new people, travel. You're dad would be proud of you making a big decision like this on your own." A tear falls from my eye and she wipes it away. "We. Are so proud of you."

I wrap my arms around her, taking in her daisy scented perfume.

"Well you have to get to packing so let me get some boxes from the store." She wipes away her tears as she exits out of the room.

"Val I'm going to bed!" My mom shouts as she turns off the kitchen lights.

"Goodnight!" I shout back, scrolling through the channels on tv. I turn on Friends and grab a blanket from the closet. Before I sit down a knock on the door echoes through the house. I look at the time and think who can be knocking at his late at night.

I slightly open the door and I open it wider as I see Ethan standing in the way. "Boston? Chicago?" He says angrily. He walks in and I close the door after him. "Boston! Chicago!" He yells.

"Be quiet my mother just went to bed!" I loudly whisper. "I was gonna tell you tomorrow." I wrap the blanket over my body.

"When do you leave?" I break the eye contact.

"Tomorrow." He scoffs and turns his back towards me. "Ethan you have a baby, a whole life ahead of you."

"That you were supposed to be part of!" He turns towards me. "You were supposed to be my life."

"Is the baby okay?" I cross my arms and look down at my bare feet.

"A girl. Seven pounds, she's beautiful." A tear falls from my eye and I smile.

"I'm so happy for you." I wipe my tear as he looks at me with sadness plastered all over his face. "I know she's beautiful." He walks up to me and gets on his knees. "Ethan stop."

"Stay Valarie. We can work something out. I forgive you, I don't care what happened on vacation. Stay." More tears release as my hand runs through his soft hair. "Stay." His lips meet my stomach, creating a gentle chill through my body.

He repeats, "Stay." As he places more kisses towards my lower side. The blanket drops from my shoulders, and I let out more cries. "Stay." His lips touch my thighs. He picks me up and lays me on the couch continuing his soft kisses.

My hands grab onto his waist as his torso meets mine. I wrap my legs around him feeling him deeper inside of me, my arms now wrapped around his neck. Hearing his gentle groans in my ear. His arms wrap around my body, keeping me close to his body.

Our sweaty bodies grinding against each other I couldn't help but cry. He wasn't hurting me, I didn't want him to stop. I wanted to stay.

His nails dig into my sides releasing my moans of pleasure, sadness and anger. All in one. He stops as I begin to feel his release inside of me. I keep my arms wrapped around his neck.

"Stay with me." He whispered. I let him go and he looks down at my face full of tears.

"I leave tomorrow afternoon."