A Hunter and Phantom Troupe Crossover at a Party

"Dancing alone? I love your confidence."

"Hisoka," you smiled. "Why are you here?"

"I love to party," he grinned, watching you sway your hips to the beat. "And I'm also working. Why are you here?"

"I'm working too - and I also love to party," you spun around. "Care to dance with me?"

Your offer was innocent. You should have altered your word choice, because there was a difference between dancing along with Hisoka and dancing with Hisoka. He understood your sentence to be the latter, so he took your hand. Had you taken Hisoka more seriously, you would have thought deeper into the gesture. But you were truly dancing with a friend.

Hisoka was fun to dance with. He carried you and spun you around to the tune of the song. People even made space to watch you two.

"So who are you working with?" you asked Hisoka.

"The troupe."

Your eyes widened. "They're here?"

Hisoka smirked. He was no fool. Before you could say anything, he could accurately guess what was on your mind.

"Yeah." He turned you around so that your back was facing him, but pulled you towards him so he could whisper the details of the members' locations in the night club. He told you to look up. On the second level were a lot of people standing by the rails, watching the dancers.

"Feitan and Phinks are standing over there," he waited for you to nod in response. "Look slightly more to the right and you'll see Pakunoda." He turned your body more. "Now there's Machi and Chrollo."

It felt as if Chrollo was looking directly at you. You wanted to wave, but you were in Hisoka's hold and you did not want to bring attention to the man who was likely trying to blend in. But you smiled at him nonetheless. It was hard to see his face from a great distance, but you could imagine he was focusing intently on the scene around him.

"Can he can see us?"

"We're in the middle of the dance floor and he is looking from up above."

Your dancing slowed. "Do you think he will be mad?"

Hisoka's face showed disinterest. He was not bothered by Chrollo's emotions. Shrugging, he let go of your grip.

"Oh, sorry," you took his hands again. "Who cares- we're just dancing right? I just don't want him thinking that I rejected his offer to join the Spider and then I'm seen dancing with a member."

That's a funny way to say you're worried that he'll be jealous, Hisoka thought.

"Hm," was all he responded with.

After a few more minutes of dancing, you told Hisoka you had to go to the bathroom.

"Want me to accompany you?" he asked.

"No?"

Hisoka gave you a weird look, as if he was not the one with creepy tendencies. "I would just be standing outside, just making sure you're safe."

"Oh sure, thank you!"

He took your hand through the crowd.

From the moment he spotted you with Hisoka, Chrollo's hand had been clenching the rail. His knuckles whitened as he saw you two leave the dance floor together.

The rail broke as his anger took over him. Phinks, who had been leaning on the rail a few feet down, nearly fell a floor below but caught balance before it could happen.

Machi had been thrown off-guard by what just occurred beside her. "Are you okay?"

Chrollo nodded, eyes staring at the ground. His hands released the metal, allowing it to drop to the floor.