08

''If you don't get it off your chest, you'll never be able to breathe,''

☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾

The cold of the early fall came as a shock on Skylar's face. She adjusted her scarf as she walked out of the metro station. Her first day was overwhelming but she is sure she can cope with the way they work. Her nikes hit the steps of the stairs as she walked up and out of the metro station.

Oxford street was scary quiet this evening. Her eyes went to the stores that were closing. An expensive car slowly approached her. Skylar looked to her left and frowned her eyebrows. The black window went down slowly.

''Miss Campbell?'' The voice said. The voice gave Skylar chills all over her back. This is going to be scary now. ''Yeah, Mr Norris?'' She said in the same tone. She looked Lando dead in the eyes as he smiled brightly to her.

''Can I offer you a ride to your home, Miss?'' He said in his best posh accent ever. I looked at his car, back to his face. ''Yeah but only because it's cold outside.'' I said while grabbing the door handle and getting myself in his expensive car. Lando smiled brightly at my actions and tapped his steering weel with his thumbs.

I shut the door and put on my seatbelt. Lando started his car again and drove away. We sat in silence as I watched him stop for a red light.

''I know what you did with Pierré.'' He said soft, he eyes still on the red light. Uhm... ''Okay...'' I said unsure. ''You know, it does not matter.'' He continues. ''Well.. that's fine, I guess. I can do wh-''

''I have girls over every night.'' He blurts out. I looked at him in shock then in confusing. This boy, he didn't let me finish my sentence.. I heard my thoughts going crazy in my head as Lando eyes met mine.

''No, that's a joke.'' He spoke up, he smiled at me.

''Are you on drugs on something?'' I said with big eyes. ''You acting kinda weird..'''

''No what I wanted to say.. I don't care what you do because we are not together.'' He said. His foot went to the gas pedal as he speeds out of traffic light to the high way. ''And we are colleagues.'' He said while looking over his shoulder to overtake a car.

''Okay Lando. Thanks for this information.'' - ''I know I can do whatever I want, it's not like I'm dating you.'' I said while rolling my eyes.

After a while of silence Lando spoke up. ''What's your address?''

☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾☼☾

His car slowed to a stop near my apartment. I grabbed my bag of the floor as I looked up, right into Lando his eyes. ''Thank you for the ride.'' I said while giving Lando a soft smile.

''Do not mention it.'' Lando said soft. ''It is a small effort.'' He says as he runs a hand through his hair. I get rid of the seatbelt as I grab the door handle. I get out of the car and I move a little back into the car to grab my scarf.

''Sky?'' Lando spoke up.

''Hmmh, yeah?'' I said while putting my bag on my shoulder. Bit in shock at my nickname he said for the first time.

''I did say we are not together, dating and all that stuff right?'' He said unsure. I nodded at him as I looked him straight into his eyes.

''Okay.''

''Why?'' I said.

''I didn't say I don't want to date you.'' He said with a cheeky grin on his face.

''Goodnight, Lando.'' I said, I slammed his door shut as I walked away with a little blush on my cheeks. Ugh, the baby is a teenager now.