Part 45

~Payton's POV~

As I was walking out of the store, I got stopped mid way by the cashier saying something.

Cashier: by the way dude... may I say something else.

I already know I'm going to regret this. My back was still facing him and I refuse to turn around.

P: what is it?

Cashier: the condoms you bought... great size man! Just don't go too crazy on the princess now. Neither the less, she's going to like it.

I took a deep breath and shook my head in embarrassment before walking out. Yeah I definitely regret that. Once I walked out of the store I saw Samantha leaning on the wall, looking down while swinging the shopping bag back and forth.

She heard me coming so she looked up and made immediate eye contact with me. All of a sudden she started to laugh.

S: what happened to you in there? Your face is so red!

Great... just great

P: n-nothing

My stutter just made her laugh even more.

P: s-stop it

S: what did I miss?

I shook my head and looked away as her laughter slowly died down because she could barely breathe anymore. I stuffed one hand into my pocket before using the other to cover my face. How is this so funny? Seriously how red can I even be?

S: aww don't cover your face. Let me see!

I slightly glanced at her with the gap in between my fingers before looking away again.

P: ...no

S: come on, please! I'm sorry I laughed.

I didn't answer. Before I knew it, Samantha came in front of me and pulled my hand away from my face. She smiled as I looked down at her.

S: don't worry about it. I thought it was cute.

I was shocked by her words and physically couldn't say anything

S: come on let's go home already. My body aches

With that being said, Samantha walked away from me and went into the car. I did the same thing shortly after and drove off. I was still in shock with what she said so I was staying quiet throughout the whole ride home.

She called me... cute.

~Samanthas POV~

Once the car came to a stop because we just got home, I was about to get out but I got stopped by Payton saying something.

P: wait you're in pain?

S: huh?

P: sorry what you told me outside of the store just now hit me. The part where you said your body aches.

Oh that

S: yeah it does.

P: what happened?

S: practice today was just a lot but it was no big deal.

P: are you ok?

S: yeah I'm good. Don't worry about it. I just fell a couple of times.

After I said that, I got out of the car and started to head inside. Payton did the same and soon enough he caught up to me. Now we're both walking upstairs.

P: how much is a couple?

S: like four...five....forty-five somewhere around there.

I shrugged my shoulders as we got closer to our rooms.