Part 43

~Samanthas POV~

Lunch is about to come to an end. Right in the middle of it, Brady came out of nowhere and surprised me. I forgot he said he was going to meet me for lunch.

I got really happy when he sat down next to me and started to talk to all three of us. The thing I've noticed about him is that he gets along with Nora and Flynn easily. They talk like they've known each other of years.

Flynn and him teaming up and having a playful argument with Nora. Him and Nora teaming up having an argument with Flynn. And then Flynn and Nora teaming up and having an argument with Brady. Somehow I always get thrown into it but it's always fun.

B: chocolate glazed donuts are superior, no one can tell me otherwise.

Flynn crossed his arms as he scoffed.

F: I beg to differ. Nothing can beat the original plain glazed donut.

N: that just sounds disgusting. You literally said plain! Chocolate is way better.

F: wrong!

B: how can you not like chocolate!

F: oh I love chocolate but plain glaze is still better. Samantha back me up here

B+N: back us up!

I shrugged. How did this conversation even start?

S: I like blueberry glazed donuts

Everyone just looked at me shocked for a second.

B: ok that just changed the whole thing. I'm with her.

F: same here, I forgot about blueberry.

N: nah I'm still sticking with chocolate. You guys are insane

F+B: what!

Oh no. What did I just start?

I laughed to myself as I looked away from the fighting trio. Soon enough my eyes landed on something unusual. I tilted my head slightly to the side as I looked over at the direction confused.

Where I'm sitting at, I have a clear view of Payton. I knew he sits out here but I actually never knew where but that's not the point.

Something is off. He doesn't really look like himself. Right now he's just looking down at his food while playing with it. Payton's sitting next to Emma but she's paying no attention to him because she's to busy talking to her friends.

I don't know what's wrong with him but I definitely know that I don't like it. I need to get his attention somehow.

I thought for a moment before I got the perfect idea. Well it's a stupid idea but I'm still going to go for it.

I looked over at the trio again and saw that they were still fighting.

N: chocolate!

B+F: Blueberry!

I slightly laughed as I looked around me. Perfect, no one is paying attention. Quickly I took this opportunity and grabbed a fry from off my tray.

I'ma throw it.

I turned back to the direction of Payton and saw that he was still looking down. This is going to be good. He's kind of far but I still think I can make it.

Without even thinking about it more, I threw the fry. It didn't even make it close. God damnit.

I still think I can make it so I'ma try again. Excitedly I grabbed another fry and threw it. This time it made it farther but not far enough. Just a little bit more power.