Part 36

~Payton's POV~

This is not good... well it's not bad either but it's definitely not good.

I had a few missed calls and unread messages from Emma. I looked at them and it was just her being worried that I wasn't answering. That's not the part that is concerning though...

S: what's wrong?

P: nothing, it was just Emma?

S: then why do you look like you're thinking about something really hard.

I didn't say anything. I just looked up from my phone and just starred at her

S: what happened

P: ...Emma wants me to take her out for lunch now and then go to her place.

Samantha didn't respond to me after that. Why am I even thinking about this. I already had plans to hangout with Samantha and I've already waisted most of her time.

P: I'm just going to tell her n-

S: you can go with her

I looked at her confused. I really wasn't expecting that answer from her.

P: what? No we said that we're-

S: she's your girlfriend Payton.

P: but-

S: the French toast is cold anyways, you should go to lunch with her and eat something.

Why does she keep cutting me off?

P: I can't just leave you.

S: I'll be fine

I really don't want to just leave like this but I know Samantha is going to continue arguing with me until I cave in anyways.

P: are you sure?

S: yeah. I'll see you whenever you get back

I sighed as I thought about it.

P: I won't be gone for that long ok?

S: ok

I went over to her and wrapped my arms around her before she did the same for me. I don't know why but I really don't want to let her go right now.

S: Payton?

P: mhm

S: aren't you going to get that?

Get wha-... shit my phone is ringing. I sighed before pulling away from the hug and looking down at my phone. Emma's calling me.

S: I'll see you later

She was about to walk out but stopped before taking the plate of French toast.

S: I'm eating this.

She laughed before walking out of my room and closing the door. I smiled before answering Emma's call.

P: hello?

E: finally you answered! You had me worried sick! Are you ok baby?

P: yeah I'm fine, I just over slept a lo- did you just call me baby?

All she did was giggle

E: so are we going out for lunch? I want to see you today.

Wait she just changed the subject!

P: uh yeah sure but you didn't explain-

E: great I'll see you soon. Come pick me up.

I guess she said it by accident?