Part 17

~Samanthas POV~

Right now I don't even know what period I am in. All I know now is that this is the period before lunch and thats all that matters.

Guess what? I bet you can't guess it. Never mind you probably can.

Emma is still complaining.

Just hearing her talking for this long is draining me out. I didn't even know that was possible!

E: I can't wait for practice today to see what kind of low life the coach made captain

S: same here

E: ugh I just hate this so much! I really wanted to be the first freshman cheer captain. It should have been me right? I'm not going crazy here

S: definitely

E: like I'm the one with the most experience after all

S: totally

I'm getting really tired of this bull shit. I don't even know what's going to go down after school but I'm really excited for it. There's no way I'm going to miss this.

I just got to stay up. You don't know how hard it's been trying to stay awake. Every sentence that comes out of Emma's mouth gets me more and more tired. I don't even know how it's possible.

But besides that. I got this.

A little more complaining came from Emma. No surprise there but soon after the bell rang. I already have all my stuff together so I just grabbed my bag and got out of that classroom as fast as I could, leaving Emma behind.

Once I made sure that I was in the clear and that Emma wasn't following me anymore, I let out a sigh of relief.

After that I made my way towards the cafeteria. It looks like I'm the first one in the group that is here so I hopped in line as I waited. A little bit of time passed before Payton, Flynn and Nora walked in a joined me.

We started talking as we got our lunch and headed outside to our table. Today's lunch was macaroni and cheese. We sat at our table in the exact same way as yesterday

Payton next to me, Nora in front of me and Flynn next to her. As we started to eat, I saw Emma in the corner of my eye. She was talking to someone but I can tell she's about to come over here because she saw me.

S: guys I'm going to warn you now so listen up. Emma is about to come over here. She's going to say some dumb shit but just go with it. Act clueless alright?

N: sure

P: ok?

F: what do you mean?

S: no time to explain

F: you could have quickly explained right there instead of saying no time to explain!

S: shut up

Right when I said that, Emma came over and sat down next to me.

E: hey guys!

P+F+N: hey

E: I bet you won't believe what happened yesterday

Here we go

P: what happened?

I continued to eat as Emma started talking.

E: so you know how we got our spots on our teams last night?

F: yeah?

E: I've been cheering for years now so I'm really experienced you know? Nora I told you about this yesterday