Chapter 20: Training Area

The knife flew straight into the middle of the board.

Bullseye. 

Anta smirked a little.

All the target boards now had combat knives thrown inches deep into the wooden surfaces.

Satisfied, Anta picked up her guns, walking over to the shooting range.

The training area of the Corleone Manor was in the second level of the basement. There were divided ranges. Target-throwing ranges, shooting ranges, a boxing ring, weight-lifting equipment, and treadmills. And as well as sparring, for all the other assassins in the mafia. 

Anta outstretched her hands, the long-gun in position, her eye focusing on the target. 

BANG.

The bullet hit the center.

"Wow," Lei breathed from the side, sitting on the bench with wide eyes.

BANG. 

BANG.

Double bullseye.

Anta smirked, dropping her gun. 

She walked over to the bench where Lei sat, holding a thick book. Antianna was drying her sweat-covered neck and-

"Sweetheart!" 

The girls whipped their heads around, surprised. Lorenzo Giraspi was standing there, smiling, beside the boxing-ring.

Anta scoffed, turning away.

Walking over, Lorenzo politely held out a hand to Lei. 

"I'm Lorenzo, Giraspi," he greeted, shaking Lei's hand, giving a small nod.

"I'm Lei," she nodded back.

He grinned at Anta, sitting down, "hey, sweetheart."

Anta glared at him, scowling, "Excuse me Lorenzo, I have to go back to training."

She picked up a gun made her way back to the shooting-range.

Lei looked at Lorenzo and Anta. Hmm...

Lorenzo was very attentively watching Anta shoot. He smiled a little at Anta's concentrating figure, gripping the gun.

Hmm...

Lei grinned, understanding.

She decided to head upstairs, to find Al and read another fairytale to him, or perhaps join Stef who was probably baking another batch of very burnt cookies. Picking up her things, she left the two alone in the basement.

~~~

Anta

I gripped the gun tighter, my eyes focusing on the small dot, sweat popping on my face.

Why did that creep have to come?

I peeked at him from the corner of my eyes.

He was looking straight at me with a small smile.

My tingling face became pink.

Snap out of it, Antianna Corleone.

I focused on the trigger and the target, my eyes squinting through the Front Sight of the gun.

Right...there...

BANG.

"Bullseye!" Lorenzo shouted, pumping his fists.