Where have I been to?

Start from the beginning

Anyway, I'm not saying that on behalf of everyone and absolutely not just to antagonize authors who decide to unpublish their book. I respect everyone's decision.

Going back to my rewrite drama, unfortunately, there won't be any updates anytime soon. Yeah, that's just so sad.

However, to make it up with all of you... I'm going to let you all have a sneak peek of Chapter 38. Yes, there's always been a ready-to-publish new chapter but I just can't get to publish it with the rewrite still undone. What? You don't believe that? Then, how about this?

 What? You don't believe that? Then, how about this?

Yep, your eyes don't deceive you. They're supposed to be two ready-to-publish chapters in my drafts and it goes back way last year. Without wasting any second, onward to the sneak peek.

(Dawn and Barry exchanging dialogues)

"You don't have any idea what trouble you're getting into, Barry! Trust me. We've been there before and we didn't have the nicest experience ever."

"We? Who are you with?"

"My friends. We happen to be investigating the place when certain paranormal events happened to each and every of us."

"Which makes it more exciting for me!" He said, ignoring my warning.

"Never listened to a word I say, don't you?" I crossed my arms as I said it. "You've been warned, Barry! Make me stay out of it. I'm not going back into that creepy old house."

"Whaaat?! Why?!"

"Duh! Do I even need to answer that inane question?"

He flinched afterward as if he's trying to protest but was hesitant to spill it. His enthusiasm went off in an instant.

"Hey," His tone suddenly dropped. "just noticed... why are you being so cold on me?"

I froze which cannot give him an immediate answer.

"Count the days we haven't met. I just want to catch up with you, Dawn. Is THIS what you can offer to your childhood friend?" He continued.

"Look, I'm sorry for being mean. So much happened without you around, Barry." I dropped the tone as well. "Turns out I'm not used to seeing you."

Awkward silence sliced between us. He crossed his arms while looking in the other direction.

We're never like this before. Usually, Barry does not take seriously of everything being corrected on his character. But now it seems my lectures hit him and went a little too far. Don't know whether to grab this opportunity to teach the guy a lesson or be nice to my old buddy who I once consider my 'big brother' and celebrate our reunion.

(After a few more dialogues and Dawn's POV narration of the scene)

Cleared my throat for a soft voice. "Won't you tell me your plan, at least?"