Dear Roger...

Checking the other chapters of this random book, this is going to be the first time I'll do a sad vent

Checking the other chapters of this random book, this is going to be the first time I'll do a sad vent. My friend just ranted the other day about his thoughts on the difference between the anime vs manga of The Promised Neverland so why can't I do the same on my fandom too? (You know who you are if you're reading this. Lol, I guess...)

Some of you may not share the same interest as me in the Sonic franchise but I just want to express my emotions. Roger Craig Smith... who brings Sonic the Hedgehog to life by being his VA will no longer be what I was once known him. I came to like the Sonic fandom when he's the current voice actor of the famous blue hero and to my surprise, he's playing that part for 10+years. Meaning, he fills a big part of my heart with my love for the Sonic franchise. I envisioned the blue hedgehog as a cool, brave (yet cocky) hero all thanks to the way his voice acting skills performed just like how Sonic should be. In other words, I came to know Sonic as Roger. Ever since then, I began to admire the character and like his voice as well.

I always imagine Sonic speaking through Roger's voice even without playing a Sonic game or watching the Sonic Boom series. Like when I think of the blue blur, I think of him with the voice of Roger. Things will never be the same way from now on, I guess.

First, last year's dreary announcement that Sonic Boom season 3 will not happen anymore, and now THIS! What a way to shatter the heart of someone who was a fan of the series. I tried doing things like school stuff, listening to music, playing a non-Sonic game, read my friend's latest Pokèfic update in Wattpad, watching a variety of videos from YouTube throughout the day just to divert my mind from the news about Roger leaving the role as Sonic's VA but it just keeps on coming back.

I'm totally aware this has nothing to do with individuals' personal lives but... admit it. It aches your heart too when you hear terrible news (like parting) from your beloved fandom. What I'm feeling right now is like I lost a precious item like my first ever gaming platform (Gameboy) along with my first ever Pokèmon game (Pokémon Red version). Before writing this, I just checked where I keep them and I was relieved they're still in there.

"Just Sharing" this to all of you because today is just a heartbreaking day to every Sonic fans out there and I'm one of those people who are down inside. But hey, tomorrow is just another day so I'm hoping everything's gonna be fine again. Just want to say thank you to Roger for filling the years with memories of how you perform as one of my favorite fictional character, Sonic the Hedgehog.

 Just want to say thank you to Roger for filling the years with memories of how you perform as one of my favorite fictional character, Sonic the Hedgehog

Thank you for everything, Roger Craig Smith! I will always admire you, the same way I admire the character you used to play. Just like what you tweeted, it was a fun 10 years of running. Good luck with your future careers onward to other zones. (Every Sonic fan will understand the reference of the Sonic franchise from his parting message)

So long, buddy! Here's to our last fistbump. Let's keep on moving forward. Just like what you said in your last lines as Sonic.