“Who puts milk in orange juice!” I explode.

            “I do!!!! I thought it was too orange!” she continues to howl in a helpless heap.

            Pity laces into me. Gently grasping her arm, I lead her over to Georgina.

            “Please take her home,” I mumble, handing Lizzy over, tear, snot and everything.

            By the time I make my way over to my bag in the back, the studio is nearly empty. How do I even get to the hospital?

            Staring at my dead phone, I mentally curse myself.

            Stupid moment number one thousand and eighty one.

            Even if I borrowed a phone, I didn’t want to bother George.

            That left me one option.

            Slipping my bag on and securing it tightly, I zip up my jacket and pull up the hood.

                                                                        -*-

Tugged the moon into the ground

Turned this bedroom upside down tonight

Took my faith and i breathed it out

    Then walked right through a cloud of flashing lights, bright lies.

            The steady beat of the music fills my ears as I leisurely walk to the hospital. The rain splatters against me, quickly soaking my hair and clothes.

            Pain takes my heart's place

                        The love we made, we cant erase it, don't wanna face it

            With the calm, melodic sound filling my mound, I try to ignore the small sting of pain running through me. They actually forgot me. My own mother had closed the door in front of me.

            Granted she was probably really out of it when she did it, but still.

            Why was I making excuses for them?

            I wasn’t a melodramatic person. I have enough overdramatic people in my life for everyone. The world didn’t need another one.

            But I wasn’t invincible. I still felt sadness and pain. Isn’t that what made me human?

            Shoving my hands in my pocket, I take extra precaution to step in every rain puddle. Was I so much of a disappointment that they needed to adopt another child?

                        Pitter pat, the angel on my shoulder

 Is haunting me tonight

                      Tick tock, the clock is getting louder

                                                     Ready for me to decide

            My inky black hair begins to stick to my face and my fingers begin to shake in the cold. I pass by a homeless man sleeping to the side of the road and cross the street to a large building. Is this where I supposed to be going? A car blares past me and I jump in surprise.