Immediately, you began rolling the smaller boulders away, then some more non top of his arm. It was terrible when you began seeing large rocks with blood underneath them, and even more worrying when Hero wasn't moving any.

"Hero, get up! Pleeease! Wake up!!" You grabbed the only arm visible and squeezed it tightly. There was a pulse! That was all the hope you needed. Determined, you continued lifting stones off of him until his whole upper body was out in the hair. Though you had some decent cuts in you yourself, Herobrine was WAY worse. You were surprised he was even alive! But there were still a couple HUGE boulders on his waste, pinning him down. "Please, Herobrine, wake up.." you dropped to your knees, dealing yourself over his back and hugging him.

"...Ugh.." Herobrine's head lifted, though you could tell he was struggling to keep it up.

"Hero!" You exclaimed.

"Wh... Where are we?"

"The waterfall still. You were just crushed!"

"...Oh...Oh yeah........ H o w  are you..?"

"I'm doing fine, Hero.." You smiled weakly. "Now come on. We really need to get you to a hospital or something." Sitting down, you put both your feet against one of the large boulders and began pushing hard. But it was so heavy you could barely even wiggle it.

"-Ow, (Y/n), please!" Hero clamped his teeth shut as pain surged through him. You quickly fell away from it and returned to looking around, trying to figure out what else you could do. "(Y/n), I.. Listen, I..." You dipped down beside your husband, laying on your side facing him. He looked back at you from the stuck position on his stomach. "..Listen, (Y/n), I don't think I have...enough strength to..make it... You might have to leave me here... In all my life, I have never felt so bad like this before... I think my body may be... Shutting down." Tears began leaking from his eyes as he spoke with difficulty. You wouldn't have it, though. You couldn't, you WOULDN'T let this be the end!

"No, Hero, you are stronger than this. Don't just give up like this. Do it for me.. Promise me you'll live. Promise me you'll dance with me again, like we were talking about before!" Your eyes filled with tears as you hugged him tightly. "Please, don't let this life go..."

"...Fine.... I promise...I will dance with you again.." He groaned, determination now set in his eyes. Your mouth opened in a smile of hope, and Herobrine placed one hand after another underneath himself. "I am going to start lifting my hips up, on 3, start pushing the right boulder towards the cliff." You did as Hero said, readying yourself to push. "Ready?" You nodded. "1, 2, 3.. now!" Then the immortal began to slowly lift himself up. You probably weren't the best of help, but you made sure the boulder didn't fall back on top of him at least. And by  big boulder, I mean it was almost taller than you.

When there was enough space under the massive rock, Herobrine quickly dragged himself out from under there, letting the boulder fall back into place. You jumped away as soon as Hero was at a safe distance and ran over to help him up.

There was blood soaked into the man's pants already, and one leg was clearly broken. You went to that side: his right, and supported him like a crutch. Herobrine himself looked like he was in a haze, or like he was having a hard time seeing thing properly. So it was also up to you to guide him back to the cabin.

Luckily the trek back was mostly even. Herobrine offered to teleport himself and you there, but you knew that might only weaken him to the point of collapse, or even death. And when you asked, he never said that wasn't a possibility. Other than the teleporting thing, the whole way there Herobrine kept whispering the same few words over and over again, likely to motivate himself to keep going, however he was too quiet, and your heart was beating too loudly, for you to hear.

Finally, with a sigh of relief, the two had arrived. Barging into the door, not even closing it, you guided Hero to the couch for him to lay on, and immediately began rummaging through your the shelves, looking around desperately for the medical supplies. 

"(Y/nnn)! Herobrine shouted from the couch weakly. It wasn't even that much of a shout. More like a drawn out plead.

"I- I'm looking for the medical supplies!" You shouted back to him.

"Pleease..come here.." He called again.

Worried, you rushed back over to him. As you came you saw he was sitting, with both arms on the arm of the couch lifting himself up. His clearly broken leg took some of the weight as well. You almost gasped at the sight. He just motioned for you to come closer. You stood right in front of Hero, wondering what on earth he was standing up for.

"Give me your hand." He spoke gently, partially because he was nearly out of breath.

"-Wt. No -why?" You pulled yourself away,about to turn away to look for the supplies again.

"Please.." he whispered. "..Give me this last dance..."

Tears swelled in your eyes...as you looked directly into his.. "okay.." you squeezed from your unwilling lungs. You gave your left hand to him, and with his left hand he placed behind your waste. Then, he lead you into a gentle swaying back and forth. After just a few seconds, you grew antsy, like you should be doing something to help. Hero must have been able to tell, because he let go of your hand and, gently, pulled your head to his chest, while also tightening his loose hold around you.

"Shhh... It's okay.... It's okay..." He hushed. Your ear to his chest, you could hear the heartbeat of your husband thumping--fighting hard..for this dance... The smell of blood and earth also prevalent.

You began to cry, though you fought yourself not to. "...I...I...I..... I'm going, to..miss... you...."

In response, Herobrine simply let go of your hand again, and wrapped it around your back, basically hugging you at this point as you two swayed. You hugged him back, as tightly as you could without hurting him.

     Thump-thump, thump-thump, thump..thump, thump....thump, ....thump..........

Suddenly you were falling. Letting go of Herobrine, you hit the ground before you could catch yourself. Herobrine flopped onto the ground beside you, not even arm reaching out to catch himself.

"Noo-!" Crawling on your knees you rushed over to him, pleading inside that he might be alright. His eyes were dull...not even glowing anymore. "NOOOOO!!" You screamed bloody-murder, not even knowing how to react. Shouldn't on cry, scream, break something, or run away?! There was no way of choosing! You wanted to do them all at once!

A very...malicious voice, then spoke behind you. "One down.... God knows how many more to go.."

[The End] -7/19/21

(I got this idea from a trip to a funeral! :D)

{FRQ: Who is your favorite Minecraft YouTuber, if you have one?}