29 | heather

1711, Aethiel Palace, Kestramore City

Have You Seen This Person?

The Marchioness of Avionne, Miriam Breckenridge had gone missing on 2nd August. She was last seen in the gardens of the Royal Palace. She was wearing a dark blue satin gown and a white scarf. She is of average height and plump, with olive skin and pale grey eyes. Any information regarding her whereabouts shall be heavily rewarded.

The Marquis of Avionne,

Archibald Breckenridge

          That was just one of the thousands, even millions of notices hung up all across the kingdom. On the piece of yellow parchment was the aforementioned text, as well as a portrait of the Marchioness's likeness. Each and every person in the palace was given a copy of the portrait and were told to keep an eye out for the Marchioness.

Catarina folded the parchment neatly and stuffed it into her pocket before heading towards the sobbing Cosmina, who was strewn all over her bed.

       No one knew where Miriam could have gone, and even Cosmina herself had thought that her mother must have gone out to the city. But she had not brought any of House Breckenridge's servants with her, which was very unlike her.

    "Mina," Catarina called out softly as she sat on the bed beside her friend. "I am certain that they will find her soon. I know that you are worried, but you mustn't disregard your own wellbeing like this."

Cosmina's sobs turned into quiet sniffles, and she said, "Catarina, I don't understand! She was mere feet away from me! How could've she gone missing?"

    "We will find her, Mina," she reassured. "But when she comes home, she wouldn't be happy to see you looking so famished like this. You must eat, Mina. Even a little bit."

Cosmina chuckled through her sobs, and she eventually nodded. "Alright, alright. I'll have something to eat."

    "That's more like it," Catarina said with a smile. She stood up and walked towards the door to tell the maid to bring over something to eat, but when she opened the door, instead of seeing Rosie or Marie, she came face to face with Ursula, Princess Demitria's maid.