The Legend Tamer pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"So what about you?" Ash asked.

"Huh?"

"You know, ever since we left Kalos. I'm sure you've made all sorts of new memories since we went our different ways, like when you went to Hoenn."

"Oh yeah, I've had plenty of new experiences. The transition from becoming a performer to coordinator started off a bit rough, and I even lost my first contest," Serena said with a faint smile, "But we grew. My new team and I honed our skills with each contest as we won more and more ribbons. Eventually, we got all the ribbons we needed to participate in the Grand Festival."

Ash smiled, obviously happy at his friend's success. "So how'd you do?" he asked.

"Well, I didn't actually win. Even though I tried my hardest, I could only make it to the semi-finals." Serena responded. Her cheery tone while mentioning the matter seemed to indicate that she was no longer bothered by her loss.

"That's great, so I guess you came to Sinnoh for a fresh start?" Ash asked.

"I guess you could say that. I was originally intending to go to Galar to compete in the annual Wallace Cup, but I took a quick detour so I could stop and meet someone."

"Who?"

"Oh, you probably don't know her, but she was the winner of the last Wallace Cup in Sinnoh." Ash's mind clicked, he most certainly knew who Serena was referring to.

"H-hold on, you came to meet DAWN?!?" Ash didn't seem to notice how loud he was, as he'd awoken the sleeping Pikachu on his lap. Serena was caught by surprise with this question, but before she could even open her mouth to ask, they heard a loud crash coming from inside Goh's ER. Their attention on the current matter was quickly drawn to the suspicious sound. Delphox was the closest to the ER door, so naturally, it was the first to open the door. Ash and Serena expected Delphox to immediately enter, only to be met with the terrified expression on its face.

"Delphox! What's wrong?!?" Serena asked as the two caught up and stopped behind the Pokemon. From there, they could see where Delphox' source of fear originated. 

Just above the sleeping Goh, a dark entity could be seen hovering. There was a life-size hole in the wall, which showed its point of entry. It turned its attention to the three as they entered, quickly identifying the one in the middle. Delphox shuddered in fear as the creature focused its glare towards the petrified Fire/Psychic type. Serena recognized the figure, though she couldn't quite remember its name. That wasn't necessary, as Ash immediately stated it.

"Darkrai?" Ash questioned, before quickly shaking his head and raising his tone. "H-hey! Get away from Goh!!" He declared. Ash and Serena began to grab their Pokemon only to be interrupted by someone speaking.

'Hold on!' A deep voice communicated to the pair. They looked around to locate the source only to find no one else in sight. Eventually, they directed their attention back towards Darkrai.

'The voice you hear is indeed my own.'

"Wait, how are you doing that?" Serena asked, still protectively clutching the fearful Delphox.

'I'm doing so by way of telepathy, and I've come to you all as an informant.'

Ash and Serena looked over in suspicion, still not fully convinced.

'But before I begin, I'm well aware of your suspicions, especially with your Delphox that seems to fear my very presence, and I must address them with a confession.' The two were confused, but curious as to what the Pitch-Black Pokemon might say. "I exist as the reason for your friend's current state and your Delphox' trauma. I'd attacked them the previous day and had sent them to their present conditions.'