"Who are you?" the taller man asked.

"I'm Genevieve's mate," I stated proudly. The men looked at each other and back at me.

"I have to contact Alpha Ryan," the tall man told me. I nodded and impatiently tapped my foot while he mind-linked Ryan.

After about five minutes, I was ready to snap. "Can I just go in? I've been here all week, and I just wanna see my mate," I begged.

"It hasn't been confirmed that you are telling the truth. We can't let you in," the shorter man said.

I growled and pushed past the men. I ran into the castle, and the men chased after me. "Genevieve!" I called for my mate while running through the halls. "Genevieve!" I shouted. I got to her hospital room and pulled open the door.

Genevieve stood in front of me. Her eyes were red and puffy. She had dark bags under her grey-blue orbs. She was most likely crying.

I wanted to comfort her. Gavin was whimpering in my head as I was pulled from behind. "Let go of me! She's my mate!" I struggled in the guard's hands. "Eve, tell this guy to let go of me," I said.

"Good evening, Princess," the guard greeted my mate. "Do you know this young man?"

"Yes, this is Alpha Asher of the Blue Moon Pack," Eve calmly explained. The man let go of me and excused himself. I awkwardly scratched my head, knowing that I was just weak in front of my mate. "We need to talk," Eve stated. I nodded and followed her into one of the guest rooms. She sat on the bed and I stood a few feet away from the bed.

"I'm glad you're okay. I was so worr-"

"Don't," Eve hissed. "Don't even act like you cared for one second."

"What are you talking about? Of course I cared. And I still do care. You're my mate," I said confused.

Eve moved against the headboard. "We aren't mates."

"What?" Did she lose her memory or something? Can comas affect your memory? "We are mates. Don't you remember? Don't you feel it?" I took a step towards her.

I stopped moving when she looked at me. Her eyes were filled with an unreadable emotion. "Yeah, I remember and I can feel it." I smiled, knowing that she remembers me. Amnesia would be another thing to add to the list of fucked up shit that had happened to her. "I remember you rejecting me when I first saw you. And I felt you and that redhead the same day. And I felt it again today." The smile was immediately wiped off of my face. My stomach was filled with guilt.

I forgot that she feels it, but it was a mistake. It was like reflex. I didn't even see Wendy before I left. I didn't want to repeat what happened. "Eve. I swear it wasn't like that. Just let me explain," I begged her. She got up and shoved me away from the bed. It felt like her hands were on fire; but for some reason, it felt good.

"Explain?! There is nothing to explain! You rejected me, you slept with that girl. You know what does to me, yet you still did it!"

"I didn't sleep with Wendy," I assured her softly. I knew that her wolf was probably increasing her anger for me.

Her eyes held such distaste. "You're just gonna lie to me now?!" Eve shouted. "I fucking felt it, Asher! Don't even try to lie to me, when I felt everything!" She shoved me with strength I didn't know she had. I stumbled back and hit the wall. Her voice broke while she spoke. "I c-can't go through that again." Gavin was pissed at me knowing that I made my mate hurt. He shouted in my head until I blocked him out.

What Eve said registered in my mind. She won't let herself be hurt anymore. She's going to accept my rejection. But I want to take back the rejection. I want to accept her as my mate. As my Luna.

"I swear you won't go through anything like that. I promise. Please, Genevieve. Just let me explain," I pleaded. She can't accept the rejection. I screwed up big time and a lot. What happened with Wendy was a huge mistake. I didn't plan on kissing her- it was an automatic response. I have always had Wendy to make me forget about things. She made me forget about my mate, even when I didn't want to. 

"I-I can't," she said, her voice at a whisper. She looked up into my eyes. I silently begged her not to do it, but she opened her mouth again. "I, Princess Genevieve Burke-"

My heard dropped and I rushed forward. "Don't Eve!" I shouted. I grabbed her face so she couldn't speak. When I touched her, my skin was on fire. It was an addictive feeling. I found myself rubbing her face with my thumbs just to feel it again.

Then she became limp. Her body slumped, but I caught her before she fell to the floor.

"Help!" I shouted as I scooped my mate into my arms. "Somebody help!" I ran out of the guest room and into her hospital room. Jordyn was sitting on the chair when I walked in. I set Eve on the bed and Jordyn got up. She didn't say anything to me as she checked on my mate. "Is she okay?" I asked.

Jordyn growled at me. "Leave," she ordered. Her eyes were golden. Why is she so angry?

"Um... Jordyn... I think you should calm down," I said softly. Suddenly Jordyn was in front of me, with her strength from her baby, she shoved me. I hit the wall and groaned.

"Get the fuck out!" she sneered.

I got up and rubbed my head before stepping towards Jordyn. "My mate just passed out, I'm not leaving," I said calmly.

She growled and opened her mouth to speak. But the door swung open. Alpha Ryan, Eve's uncle, and Shawn came in. The three men didn't look at me as they walked to Eve's bedside. "How did this happen?" Ryan asked Jordyn.

She turned to me with her arms crossed. "Ask her mate," she spit out the words in disgust and hatred.

Three growls echoed in the room. All eyes were on me, and all of them were flashing golden or darkening. The men got up and nodded at each other. Then, I was pinned to the wall with Shawn and Isaac holding me down on both sides. Jordyn was checking on Eve, while Ryan approached me slowly.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted my mate's family.

They all growled, making me shut up. "You will leave now. I never want to smell your scent anywhere near the castle or my niece," Ryan said calmly.

I thrashed against Shawn and Isaac. "I'm not leaving! You can't keep me away from her! I'm her mate!" I yelled.

"You rejected her," Ryan growled. "Don't you dare call her your mate."

"I love her!" I shouted.

"What did you just say?" Shawn asked while him and Isaac released my arms.

My body slumped forward as I looked at them. "I love her," I said softly. "Please. Don't make me leave," I begged on the verge of tears. I needed to fix this. I needed to fix everything. The thought of never seeing Eve crushed my soul. I fucked up- a lot. But I couldn't deny the feelings I got when I saw her. I couldn't just let go of the bond that our wolves have rebuilt while she was in a coma.

Eve might want me on a different planet, but I would never stop trying to be right next to her.

"I can-"

"Ryan!" Jordyn cut off her mate. We all looked and saw that she was clutching her stomach. "The baby's coming!"