"Don't blame Sid or Karthik" my mom chastised me once she saw my expression.

"They told after so many threats and pleadings," his mom told us.

His father, my dad, and Srikanth are silent not at all opening their mouths.

"So it is decided. You guys will live here from now on" his mom reminded us again.

I just stood there silently when Arjun sir and his mom are arguing about this. What should I say? I couldn't even face his mom without feeling guilt. By now she must have understood that we both told her lies that everything is fine between us. She must hate me for ruining his son's life.

"Mom, what you are saying is impossible. It will take thirty minutes for us to go to the hospital from home and don't forget the rush hour traffic. I understand we both made a mistake and we will rectify it. I will guarantee that we will both stay in the same apartment. And you have a spare key and you can use it any time you want to check" he told his mom aggravated. "Do you think forcing us to have a relationship will do any good?" he fought with her.

"You are right. But, leaving you guys alone is also not doing any good. How can we trust you guys after this?" his mom asked him with the same aggressiveness.

"Just trust me once mom. Please" he negotiated with her.

"Lakshmi, Golu is right. Forcing them to have a relationship is not good" Amit dadu spoke for the first time.

"Pinky and Golu, what you both did was wrong. I did not expect this from both of you. Marriage is sacred. I asked you specifically before marriage whether you are sure or not. I never thought you both will take the institution of marriage lightly. But, you are right. We can't force you to have a relationship. We can tie the horse at the lake but cannot make it drink water. For this relation to work, you both have to put in your efforts and time and for that to happen you both will stay here from now on as a family" He continued.

"and if you both feel that you guys want a divorce after a year, you will get a divorce.."

"Papa..." Lakshmi aunty and my mom both interrupted at the same time.

"Let me finish" Amit dadu scolded them. I have never seen him this angry.

"As I said, you will get divorced after a year if that's what you both want but not before at least giving this marriage a chance. Even if you apply for a divorce now, the court will ask to do the same. So, you both will shift here by this weekend" he gave us an ultimatum.

Even Arjun sir is silent after this. Amit dadu is not the type to give orders. He will always give us a choice in any situation. His ordering now means he is that much hurt and angry about this.

We didn't speak throughout the return journey. I can feel his anger and for the first time, I am scared to even talk to him. He dropped me at my hostel and left. I can't help but feel guilty for betraying everyone; his parents, my parents, Amit dadu, Sharanya, and him. Everyone is suffering because of me. I don't know what to do in this situation. No matter what I do someone is bound to get hurt.

It is clear now that our families will never accept a divorce. Even though Amit dadu gave us a year to adjust, when the time comes I am pretty sure that our mothers will do something to stop the divorce. So if I have to get a divorce I have to hurt everyone including him. He is the main victim here. He will be ridiculed his entire life for this. It will be a scandal and I am not sure whether the hospital board will let him succeed after this scandal with the sisters. He does not deserve that. What will the relatives think? What will the staff in the hospital think? I have already hurt him so much. Will I be able to hurt him more? Can I live with myself knowing that I ruined everything for him?

And on the other side is my sister. From childhood, I gave her hurt. I am the reason she felt so depressed and lonely. And today I am the one who deprived her of the love she craved. I am the person who married the person she loves. Will she ever forgive me? If I continue this marriage for the sake of our families and him, will I ever consider him my husband? Will I ever be happy with him? Will I be able to live myself knowing that I ruined my own sister's life?

How would anyone choose?

How will I ever choose?

*********************

Hi, my devils,

Sorry for the delay. Things were hectic at work and I did not have time to write. And writing is much more difficult than I thought. I wrote three versions for this chapter and edited them many times. Hence the delay.

Please forgive me.

I also want to give you guys fair warning that this book is going to be a slow burn. The characters won't love each other overnight so the romance buildup would be a bit slow. So be patient.

And please do vote and let me know your feedback in the comment section.

Have a great day.