Chapter 8: "Fly to us"

Desiree doesn't want to see her soul mates ever again. She doesn't want to know anything more.

"Why, again, am I watching their concert?" the woman asks angrily, as she watches the video of BTS's performance of the last stage in America. About two weeks ago.

She finally arrives at the home of her paternal grandparents and managed, to her great satisfaction, to avoid questions about why she was suddenly in Italy.

"Miss! Come here immediately! " her grandmother yells from the kitchen.

Desiree closes her computer and slowly walks downstairs to the kitchen, finding her grandmother holding a ladle against the stairs, or more precisely, her.

“Tell me why your mother called me upset about your disappearance! And don't invent lies! " the old lady screams, shaking the ladle against her.

"Grandma ..." Desiree sighs , wishing she hadn't gotten off.

“Don't make me look bad! How, in the name of God, did you run away from your soul mates ?! "

"Treasure. You know why she ran away and she can stay as long as she wants. " His grandfather intrudes, entering the house, attracted by the screams.

“Don't always defend it. I know very well all the excuses you are giving each other. I remind you that that man was also my son! I know the past better than anyone here, but these are no longer acceptable excuses. And you ”says Desiree's grandmother pointing to her with the ladle:“ You know very well what could happen to you staying here. Do you want to make me die of a broken heart by losing another member of the family? "

Desiree feels suffocated. She rationally knows that she is right, that she should have stayed close to them and, finally, complete the bond. But she is afraid. An irrational and immobilizing fear.

The grandmother goes back to cooking while continuing to mumble, leaving her granddaughter and husband staring at each other.

"Little Star. Go take a relaxing bath and don't worry. Grandma is just scared of losing her precious granddaughter. " The man says looking at her softly and going to hug his wife and try to calm the woman's fiery temper.

Desiree returns to her room, deciding to take her grandfather's advice and take a bath.

Before stepping inside the foam mountain, she decides to take her phone and, after more than two weeks, turn it on.

After a few seconds the phone starts ringing wildly for all notifications of missed calls and messages.

Before she can even check them, her phone starts ringing for an incoming call.

*Mom*

"Hello Mom." she responds after a deep breath of relaxation.

“Stupid girl! Is this the way to behave ?! Disappear without even a fucking word! "

Hearing her mother swear, Desiree shivers of pure terror. She just doesn't swear at anyone. Except when planning that someone's death.