Chapter 33

Gong Yoo's heart stopped for a moment when the first sight he saw upon entering the kitchen was Ye Jin's back who was busy cooking breakfast. That back brings so many good memories when their life was so simple.  Gong Yoo used to annoy Ye Jin, tickle or even hug her from behind when she was concentrating on her cooking. Now the slightest touch of Gong Yoo made her flinch and move away, making Gong Yoo feel very strange to the girl he had grown up with.

Before long, Hyun Bin emerged from the bathroom, walking past Gong Yoo who was still frozen. The cousin looked over Ye Jin's shoulder to see what she was cooking. Ye Jin seemed a little awkward with the man's closeness, but Hyun Bin seemed determined to continue to familiarize Ye Jin with his closeness like before.

Should I do the same? Gong Yoo thought to himself. But remembering the mess he's made in Ye Jin's (and Hyun Bin's) life, Gong Yoo decided to keep his distance from the two couple who seem to be repeating their familiarizing process. It was time for him to truly accept the fact that Ye Jin was not for him from the start.

While clearing his throat softly, Gong Yoo sat at the dining table, observing the egg rolls and japchae on the table. Ye Jin is now stirring the rice pot while Hyun Bin takes the Kimchi from the box in the fridge. Seeing the two of them working in sync even without exchanging words, Gong Yoo felt stupid for ever doubting the compatibility between Hyun Bin and Ye Jin.

Hyun Bin put the kimchi on the table first, then put the pot mat down just as Ye Jin had just lifted the rice pot off the stove. He then pulled out a chair for Ye Jin who sat down comfortably. If their relationship wasn't strained, Gong Yoo wanted to applaud when he saw the harmonized motion between the two people in front of him. Stupidly Hyun Bin and Ye Jin themselves didn't seem to notice the compactness of their movements and body language.

"Omo... I haven't eaten Ye Jin's cooking in a long time...!" Gong Yoo tried to lighten the mood. Hyun Bin let him start eating first while he was busy putting rice and side dishes for Ye Jin.

"Alright, I'll eat now..!" said Gong Yoo excitedly. Ye Jin's menu is indeed very simple, Gong Yoo realizes that because he himself does not have enough food supplies at home. But the taste of Ye Jin's cooking that brought him back to his youth can never be found anywhere else.

They eat together in silence. Gong Yoo was busy chewing voraciously, while Hyun Bin was busy adding side dishes to Ye Jin's bowl while enjoying his own meal. Too bad Ye Jin was still gloomy because of last night's incident.  Gong Yoo wonders when was the last time that girl smiled, because Gong Yoo had not seen Ye Jin's signature crescent smile at all since her arrival yesterday.

  Gong Yoo wonders when was the last time that girl smiled, because Gong Yoo had not seen Ye Jin's signature crescent smile at all since her arrival yesterday

"I want to visit Chul Soo today."  Ye Jin said as she put her chopsticks beside the rice bowl.

"Aigooo... I told you to do it carefully, we need to approach them slowly...!"  Gong Yoo protested.