Chapter 30

Ye Jin smiled gratefully at her last customer of the night. On this drizzly night, not many visitors came to the cafe where she worked, making the atmosphere more serene than usual.

Her smile faded as she remembered how she nearly had another panic attack this afternoon. Ye Jin had felt that she could finally live a normal life after undergoing therapy for several years, but when a customer with her little dimpled baby came to the cafe she almost got another histeria episode right then and there.

The baby looked a lot like her Chul Soo, and their encounter has re-opened the old wound that Ye Jin has tried to heal for years. She wasn't sure if she would ever be able to come to terms with the reality, though. Her little Chul Soo's face will always haunt her, and panic attacks can appear at any time, any where.

Luckily one of her co-workers was willing to take her place on front while Ye Jin tried to calm down in the back room earlier. Ye Jin didn't want to keep bothering the people around her because of her inability to manage emotions. Her mother would also definitely forbid her to work again for fear of Ye Jin relapsing in the crowd.
L

Ye Jin glanced at the clock above, 5 minutes until closing time, it seems that there will be no customers coming in this rainy weather. Worriedly, Ye Jin looked outside the window, apparently a windy rain was pouring down hard enough to knock down the menu board on the cafe terrace. Carrying her yellow umbrella, Ye Jin rushed outside to protect the menu board from the rain.

The cold wind hit Ye Jin who was only wearing a thin work shirt when the cafe door opened. With great difficulty she dragged the menu board to a safer place.

Ye Jin was observing her handiwork when the hairs on the back of her neck suddenly prickled. Something pulled her gaze to the side, and she gasped loudly to see a man standing staring at her under the pouring rain.

The ghost from his past had finally arrived and Ye Jin felt her gaze spinning upwards as she collapsed on the pavement soaked by the puddles of rain

***

Hyun Bin struggled to carry Ye Jin's limp body out of the taxi to Ye Jin's grandmother's house front door. Ye Jin's mother rushed out to help Hyun Bin put her daughter on the sofa in the living room.

"Aigoooo... I told you to wait for her to come back from work.. Why did you insist to went after her...?" Ye Jin's mother took the towel offered by Ye Jin's grandmother to dry her daughter as best she could.

Hyun Bin looked down frustratingly, really didn't expect that his arrival would actually make Ye Jin faint from shock.

Ye Jin's grandmother suddenly pulled his arm to sit on the sofa and started to wipe his hair that was wet with rain, "Aigooo.. Can't you see that this kid is just as shocked as Ye Jin? He just came from Seoul and found out Ye Jin's condition like that."